Helmet camera footage

iPete
iPete Posts: 6,076
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
http://www.vimeo.com/23129699

Be warned, some risky undertaking and a near left hook at 1:26, not sure where to complain about the pot hole at 2:26 either?

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Nice commute, that's Victoria station on the left at 0.35 right?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Hang on... you didn't have a guy with a surname of Whitehead there did you? I could swear I recognise this footage
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • iPete
    err PM a name or nickname, there was 9 or so of us & I only knew 4 of em pre-trip
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Ugly looking red haired guy :lol: (I work with his twin brother)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • iPete
    haha, I don't think anyone met that description but I could be wrong! :lol:

Why did I post this again, oh yes, my point was.. this is what helmet cameras should be used for :wink:
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Ooh - the footage with the handlebars in the middle of the shot is really uncomfortable to watch. I want to lift my head the whole time to see farther ahead...
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Ooh - the footage with the handlebars in the middle of the shot is really uncomfortable to watch. I want to lift my head the whole time to see farther ahead...

yeah it's a fault with the 'chesty' mount. To improve the shot you need to mount the camera upside down in the mount. you can then tilt it further forward to allow the viewer to see the trail ahead as per in one of my recent efforts.

Flip the footage in whichever editor you use.

Anyhoo, why is this in commuting or has someone changed the link cos there's definitely no victoria station at Coed-y-Brenin??? :lol:
    FCN = 4
  • iPete
    MTB-Idle wrote:

yeah it's a fault with the 'chesty' mount. To improve the shot you need to mount the camera upside down in the mount. you can then tilt it further forward to allow the viewer to see the trail ahead as per in one of my recent efforts.

Anyhoo, why is this in commuting or has someone changed the link cos there's definitely no victoria station at Coed-y-Brenin??? :lol:

subtle mocking of the camera warriors :wink:

And legend! This was my first time with the chesty, was about to start modding the mount to make it aim higher, your method sounds much easier! 8)
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    MTB-Idle wrote:

My Go-Pro HD allows you to invert the image natively (if that's the right term) so you can mount the camera either way up and end up with the footage the right way up on the card.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    My Go-Pro HD allows you to invert the image natively (if that's the right term) so you can mount the camera either way up and end up with the footage the right way up on the card.

Mine would too if I downloaded the software and messed around with the settings.

But as I never view the footage straight off the camera onto a TV then it's not really worth my while bothering... :wink:
    FCN = 4
  • nation
    nation Posts: 609
    Nice!

I'm heading off to Wales (Cardigan coast) in a week's time. No C-y-B, but I was hoping to squeeze in Machynlleth and Nant-yr-Arian between family stuff.

Also pondering taking the road bike and going for a couple of rides up and down the coast.