epic 27min bike film

bluechair84
bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
edited May 2011 in MTB general
Not been around much - I tend to be opn here only when I'm at work with better things to do... so I don't know if this has come up yet. Not made it through the full 27m in yet but the first few are awesome!
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/you-like-this-full-movie-2011.html

Comments

• Holyzeus
    Holyzeus Posts: 354
    Like that, real good.
    Not jealous of that landscape whatsoever.....
    Nicolai CC
  • Fenred
    Fenred Posts: 428
    As above...Awesome!
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    meh
  • That was pretty cool.
    AUT PAX AUT BELLUM
    My Kayaking Blog http://naefearjustbeer.wordpress.com/
  • bluechair84
    still only hacked the first few minutes of it so far - anyone know what the first song is? I quite likes it...
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    Good video but the sound design is wank.
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    Track listing is in the end titles - I looked straight away when I watched this the other day :) Good vid, shame about the duplication of locations
  • bluechair84
    damn it, this will be the fourth time I DL the whole thing to watch a small bit of it :)
    there was quite a lot of repetition of jumps which could have been cut and condensing it into a smaller film, but I noticed Top Gear doing it for the first time today where they drove up and down a stretch of road I know in both directions but with different angles. Sneaky technique I thought :)
  • Rick_huggins
    Rick_huggins Posts: 184
    Great film, thanks for sharing
    Rockin': Specialized Rockhopper 2008
    Rollin': Orange 5 Custom
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17023937#17023937

Previous:
    Specialized Enduro Expert 2004
    Boardman HT Pro 2010
    Kona Stuff
  • jeannot18
    jeannot18 Posts: 720
    Awesome!!
    Thanks for sharing
    JC
    Pédale ou crève
    Specialized Elite Allez with 105
    Rockrider 8.1 : )
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Same ole same ole with these now, not that I could do any better.
  • nozzac
    nozzac Posts: 408
    It's good riding to watch.

I would like to watch just one bike film isn't essentially a music video though. Even the lowest Youtube monkey's home movie shot on their phone has to add some quirky/heavy soundtrack to them trundling down a fireroad. I
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    NozzaC wrote:
    It's good riding to watch.

I would like to watch just one bike film isn't essentially a music video though. Even the lowest Youtube monkey's home movie shot on their phone has to add some quirky/heavy soundtrack to them trundling down a fireroad. I

Well thats interesting, the reason people I believe do that are for a few reasons.

1. The sound recorded on their camera is crap, my go pro is ok-ish but usually its just muffled crap.
    2. It adds a certain atmosphere, just like everyday blockbuster movies.
    3. You watch a bike movie with music and then one without, for some reason the movie without always seems to last ages compared to a movie with music, it gives you something else to focus on I guess. (when I create my crappy home made ones, it always seems that case anyway)
  • Devastazione
    Devastazione Posts: 280
    When I've saw the "Epic" word in the title I thought it was a video about the Specialized Epic,not another boring fat belly wusses taking advantage of gravity and being so show off about it...

...boring... :roll:
    Specialized Tarmac Sworks
    Canyon Spectral 8.9