edited May 2011 in Pro race
Interesting feature via the BBC on Russ Downing here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/chrisbevan/2 ... ad_to.html

I wish him well, he deserves it.
Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    They've missed out one of his career highlights, when he almost beat me in a glorified exercise bike race!

Good article though, will be looking out for Russ in the Giro over the next few weeks.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I can't help but like Russ Downing, was so pleased he finally got a shot at the big time last year and passed with flying colours. Would love to see him get a win in the Giro, if he can get in the right break he has a real shout with his sprint in a small group.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Big GC time gaps + lots of hilly transition stages where a big escape group can go play = Russ as Sky's main hope for stage wins this Giro. I really hope they don't put him too much on Lovkvist domestique duty.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    All round top fella.
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    And a Yorkshire lad to boot :)
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Great guy and £ 4 £ a much better buy for sky than Wiggins a few more in the team with his work ethic and they could do something :shock:
  • yenrod
    yenrod Posts: 135
    Russell didn't get the returns for the wins he got for Sky last yr!

For some reason the management @ sky put everything in edwald BH...& Wiggins...

And what was the result on the TOB last yr - some results by a Aussie sprinter on the team !

Wiggins or Thomas shouldve walked that victory- easily.

I hope this yr Sky management get their finger out for selecting the riders!

If they dont win the TOB this yr then SAD THEM !

N.B. - Downing won the Tour of Ireland, near effectively, by himself dont forget ! compared to the support Wiggins had for the 'tour - ok their IS a diff. in races ok but, come on...lets get real to results.
    [;)] 'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,559
    Cogidubnus wrote:

Nobody's perfect.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    Cogidubnus wrote:

Nobody's perfect.