Hi Folks.

graham.
graham. Posts: 862
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
Hi Gang.
Iv'e been snooping around here for a while now and thought I'd best pop in and say hello.
I like the common sense advice that dished out, the humour that so often comes through and the way that your not afraid to have a good old bust up when the need arises.
This is my current bike....(You'll never get me to reffer to it as a "Steed" though!)

FCR%20C%2007.jpg

All the best. Graham. :lol:

Comments

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Hi and welcome!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Welcome to the community!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    bonjourno!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Clare_M
    Clare_M Posts: 68
    Hello :)

I used to have a Giant FCR which I did loads of miles on, sold it and got my Specialized Allez Elite last year. I'd wished I'd kept it for commuting, but wasn't doing it then....

What's your commute like? How far are you travelling on it, and is it comfortable?

I am a relative newby to commuting and this forum, so don't feel I have the right to say welcome, but the guys on here are alright you know!

Clare
    xx
    I was a fatty, then I took up cycling and can now eat cake guilt free!

"Triples are for girls" My Husband, 2010. (Evidently not for this girl though!)
  • graham.
    Hi again and thanks for the welcomes.
    Hi Clare. My comute is a bit embarasing i'm afraid, about 5 miles there and back :oops: . I do somtimes extend the route a bit if I'm up early enough.
    As regards comfort, well I've just started doing some longer runs of 25-30 miles at weekends, and I feel the bike is a little on the small side for me. I mentioned this to the good lady wife and she said you'd better change it then! :P
    So anyone want a nice, little used, carbon fibre jobby.
    Cheers for now. Graham,
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Doesn't matter how short your commute is, the point is you're doing it on a bike. =) At the moment, my commute is 1.8 miles each way. Besides, as you've indicated, you can always stretch it on the way to work or home again. Yesterday, I did 12 miles to work. \o/
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Graham. wrote:
    Cheers for now. Graham,

Bzzzt. Wrong.

You're new here, aren't you?

One does not sell one's bikes. The number of bicycles can only go in one direction.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Clare_M
    Clare_M Posts: 68
    Graham. wrote:
    Hi again and thanks for the welcomes.
    Hi Clare. My comute is a bit embarasing i'm afraid, about 5 miles there and back :oops: . I do somtimes extend the route a bit if I'm up early enough.
    As regards comfort, well I've just started doing some longer runs of 25-30 miles at weekends, and I feel the bike is a little on the small side for me. I mentioned this to the good lady wife and she said you'd better change it then! :P
    Cheers for now. Graham,

Even though you're not supposed to sell your bikes, talk to me :shock: What size frame is it? I had a large I believe, though this was probably too big for me.

P.s. How much ;)
    I was a fatty, then I took up cycling and can now eat cake guilt free!

"Triples are for girls" My Husband, 2010. (Evidently not for this girl though!)
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    Agent57 wrote:
    Doesn't matter how short your commute is,

Its the speed at which you do it that counts ;)

http://www.itsnotarace.org/scr-rules/
  • graham.
    @ Agent57. That's very true!
    @ davis I'm very new here. I'm thinking of passing it on to someone who will love it and give it the life it deserves. This in turn will enable me to aquire one of those "Road Bike" thingies and other road users will stop laughing at me!
    @ Clare. It's a medium and as I say probably a bit small for me, I love the fact that I can chuck it over my shoulder at work and carry it upstairs without grunting.
    As to how much?.... I'll do a bit of "Reserch" and send you a PM, I don't want to break any rules, offend anyoneor appear a bit of a tart so early in the relationship!
    All the best all. Graham.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    You're about ready for a drop bar I would say.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Welcome. As you may have seen, some of us have been distracted by the av thread. Should all be a lot clearer in the morning.

Now, two things. First, what's your FCN? Secondly, I recommend losing the "all the best" sig line. You really won't mean it in the midst of one of the bust up threads, when you're firing out replies like ack-ack...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • graham.
    Hi Greg.
    Thanks for the advise.
    This is the bit where I look a complete Twonk!
    a) Not sure what the av thread is which some of you have been distracted by.
    b) How do I find out what my FCN is? If I knew what it was I'd be happy to tell you. :?
    c) When I say "All the best" at the end of a post, it's not an automated sig line, I actually typed it. I will occasionally say "Cheers", "As Ever" or even "Lots of love." ( Though probably not on this forum! :lol: )
    d) If there's a bust up thread, I will be unlikley to be involved...though i will be sitting here enjoying it immensely.

Thanks again. Graham.

Quick edit time; FCN= Food Chain Number. :D
    I'm going to have to go and work it out......I could be a little while!