Rockshox Monarch 3.3 air shock leakage

Ryan Jones
Ryan Jones Posts: 775
edited May 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi there, I have a little querie I could do with asking about, basically the title says it all I brought a cannondale rz120 with the Rockshox monarch 3.3 rear shock and to be honest I've barely used it yet I've had to re-set the air pressure twice, and it's down to about 45% sag after 2 months since setting at 25% in which time it's been rode one or twice to work.

Now I expect a bit of leakage but the rockshox recon forks up front have held their pressure fine so this doesn't seem normal to me, am I right in thinking this ?

Thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    air should be reset before each ride.

check the valve is not leaking though.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Ryan Jones
    I'll have a look it just seemed odd as the forks have held the pressure, thanks for the quick response
  • OJS
    OJS Posts: 130
    I have the same bike and the rear shock has gone back for inspection as the floodgate has broken and the movement is gritty sounding. The air pressure has been fine though, no issues.

Have you had any probs with the fork? I can't get full travel on mine, even running pressures 20 psi below those recommended. I took all the air out and they travel all the way to the bottom of the stanchions, but when pumped up I can only get to within 30mm of the top. Considering changing them but the 1.5 steerer causes issues, oh and I don't fancy shelling out another 500/600 on an upgrade if others aren't having problems.
  • Ryan Jones
    Yeah i did think they were hard to get full travel out of, however i put that one down to a lack of use and that its something I actually want in a fork because i ride pretty aggressively. The floodgate does work fine though on mine