Dalby Forest MTB World Cup

LoobyLoo
LoobyLoo Posts: 7
edited May 2011 in XC and Enduro
Anyone planning on going to Dalby to the MTB World Cup? I'm doing the Dalby Dare and would be good to meet others who are doing it.

Also, anyone know where's good to stay?

Comments

• dandel36
    dandel36 Posts: 70
    hi
    i'm going to dalby and giving the "dare" a go, We're staying at the blue dolphin, its a haven site in filey, got a good deal but booked it in feb, tried a few campsites nearer but they were booked up or didn't take dogs. Never been to Yorkshire really looking forward to it.
    del
    dale prophet sl
    dale f4
    boardman urban
  • LoobyLoo
    LoobyLoo Posts: 7
    Thanks Del, that's really useful, I'll have hunt around to see what I can find.

You'll love it in the Forest, it's stunning and you have to check out the visitors centre, it's quite unique.
  • scooty
    scooty Posts: 15
    I am going too but on my own as couldn't find anyone else up for it. Am going up on Friday night and staying (camping) at Vale of Pickering campsite. Only booked it this week so there may still be pitches available. Am also doing the Dalby Dare (middle ring) on the Saturday then staying over again and watching the racing on Sunday. Am happy to meet anyone else there, cheers jon
  • babytiger
    babytiger Posts: 3
    Hi me and Dangermouse are going up on the Friday till Sunday camping at Jasmine Park in Snainton.We are marshalls on Saturday and Sunday so if anyone fancies meeting up for a drink at night time somewhere close.
  • altern_8
    altern_8 Posts: 1,562
    Im doing the dare as well,with one other....seeing as dalby is in my back garden and rode the world cup course on a few occasions.

If you are going on the sunday,you might be better not taking youre car into the official car park,and try to ride in,and secure youre bikes in the secure bike park they have(i wont be held responsible if youre bike goes missing tho ;))....as it took us a hour and half last year to get out of the main car park.
  • will2580
    will2580 Posts: 86
    took about 10 minutes for me to get out of the car park. the trick is to wait until the very end, when everything is being packed away. this is when everyone elso has gone home, so theres not much traffic
    commencal meta 5.5.3