Duncan MacGregor Memorial Sup6r Six Road Race 4th Cat Race

STONEMONKEY1972
STONEMONKEY1972 Posts: 42
edited May 2011 in Amateur race
hi all, just noticed this race on bcf site and was wondering if you can pay on the day?? have sent organiser a email but wondered if anyone here knew!!!! has anyone done this race before !! how difficult will it be ? where is the route etc and how many laps !!!! . Race is on the 8th May. cheers Gordon.

Comments

• Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    You'll need to wait and see if the organiser has any places - sometimes if they do they will take an entry even though the closing date has gone - others will say any spaces will go to the first who turn up on the day.

If you get offered the chance to be a reserve in my experience you'll get a ride as there are always people who don't show up - not guaranteed but unless it's a long journey take any offer to be a reserve and if you don't get a ride just use the time for a training ride in a new area.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Thick Tester
    Thick Tester Posts: 380
    Do you really want to travel all the way to fife for an assos kicking ?
  • lyn1
    lyn1 Posts: 261
    You may be better posting this on the Braveheart Fund site as it's a Scottish race
    http://braveheartcyclingfund.com/Commun ... ORUM_ID=28
  • rabk
    rabk Posts: 182
    To be honest you have no chance getting a ride

The race is way over subscribed, one of my teammates has just had his money returned by Entrycentral

Closing date for entries was 29th April

Sorry :(
  • CHEERS GUYS, THERE IS A RESERVE LIST UP ALREADY, SEEMS A POPULAR RACE, I AM VISITING FAMILY IN SCOTLAND SO THOUGHT THERE MAY BE A OFF CHANCE OF GETTING A START. i WILL JUST GO OUT FOR TRAINING RIDES WHILST UP THERE INSTEAD !!!! NICE AND FLAT COMPARED TO THE PEAK DISTRICT :wink: . THANKS AGAIN GORDON.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    Head over to Milnathort and then Dunning via Path of Condie. Back over Dunning Glen and then head to Glenfoot, Strathmiglo, Falkland, Glassie, Glenrothes and back to Cupar. That should give you a few climbs that'll keep you occupied. :wink:
    Scottish and British...and a bit French