Am I crazy?

eauzone
eauzone Posts: 3
edited May 2011 in The workshop
Hi everyone,

So, to get over being hit by a car on my Kona single speed, I bought a Fuji Team 1.0 with carbon front and rear forks. Great bike. almost inevitably, I came off again today (diesel on the road - 3 bikes and one motor bike all stacked it within about 30 seconds of each other). My lovely Fuji aint so lovely any more having slid along the road for about 5 metres. When I did my post tumble inspection, I noticed that the two rear forks are a totally different shape - one curved and slim and the other straight with a bulge in the middle (and looks like it was made that way). The weird thing is that I am almost 100% that carbon doesnt change shape but I have no recollection of this lack of symmetry.

Has it always been this way, could it happened in the crash or should I slow down on the crack?

Help!

Dave.

Comments

• desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    OK, you're going to have to be a bit more precise (or post a photo).

The bottom links between the dropouts and bottom bracket are called chainstays.

The angled links between the dropouts and top of the seat tube are called seatstays.

Are they different between chainstays and seatstays (normal), or different left-to-right (unusual)?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • eauzone
    eauzone Posts: 3
    It is the chain stays - left and right are totally different dimensions. Need to work out how to attach a photo!

Dave.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    One chainstay might be a different shape to provide clearance for the chainrings.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If it is carbon, it won't bend, it will either look OK (not discounting delamintaion may occur) or be obviously broken.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • jeremyrundle
    jeremyrundle Posts: 1,014
    r u insured, claim...
    Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html
  • Vivica
    Vivica Posts: 68
    If it is carbon, it won't bend, it will either look OK (not discounting delamintaion may occur) or be obviously broken.

Simon

This is how i would look at it - it'll either look fine or it'll be fractured.
  • nation
    nation Posts: 609
    The Fuji Teams apparently have asymmetric (i.e. differently shaped) chainstays.

Can't find a decent pic though.