Giant Hydraulic brake hose !!!

blakeya
blakeya Posts: 172
edited November 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi Lads & Lasses,

I have just built myself another MTB, this time Giant xtc flavour. One problem i cannot remedy is the fixing of the rear hydraulic brake hose under the toptube. Now, it does clip into the frame but is rather loose in the clips & droops under its own weight as it runs along the underside of the toptube. Has anyone a solution to this problem.

Cheers in advance
AndyB

Comments

• wheelygood
    wheelygood Posts: 101
    Zip ties
  • Hi just wondered if you found a solution to your loose brake hose problem? I'm building a bike (Be-One Aspire) at the moment with Giant MPH Roots brakes and have exactly the same problem as you encountered.

I don't think cable ties will work (well) without drilling holes in the fixings first, which is a possibility. I have considered using a section of plastic or rubber tube, splitting it length ways and sliding over the hose then into the frame fixture.

The adjacent cable slot is free so I could use one of the after market hose devices I've seen advertised.

Any thoughts from those who have encountered similar situations or advice from experienced builders?

Cheers,
    Grant
  • 386ka
    386ka Posts: 479
    On my Terrago, the brake lines (from Giant Root), are held in the fixings just as you say, there is a plastic thing like a reducer, and it fits between the brake line and fixing length wise. It works.
    A much loved, Giant Trance X3 2010
  • Thanks for that 386ka.

I've found that Jagwire make these Hose Guides for frame loops, just not in the size I need (7mm). At least I now know they exist and can search for them or failing that make some on the lathe :)