Complaints about bike shop servicing help please

2»

Comments

• lifeonloop
    lifeonloop Posts: 14
    the crankarm has threaded, as I said before it can only tapped once and when that fails, because it is the RH arm its time for a new crankset.

Anyway, guess what? I waited all day for a phone call from the manager and they did not ring. So at 4.30pm after leaving work I tried ringing twice but got no answer and then engaged. The shop had shut at 5pm its now gone to answer phone. I have left a polite message asking the manager to ring me ASAP. Sounds like they are stringing me along untill the mechanic returns from holiday. If this was my car we were talking about they would be reported to the good garage scheme, pity there is no such sheme for cycle repair shops.
  • lifeonloop
    am i correct in saying your BB+chainset is a octalink type or is it external?

I`m really not sure about different types of chainsets, I`m just going off what I have written down from talking to the shop.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    But you are not accepting what they have said - so if you are challenging them, at least give them time to get the mechanics full report. It will probably agree with the shop said anyway.

If you are not prepared to wait, get your bike back and arrange for an independant assessment elsewhere.
  • lifeonloop
    The assistant told me if I questioned the repair and did not authorise it I would have to wait until the mechanic returned, in the mean time he is ordering the crankset ( although I have told them not to fit it until the matter of who is paying for it is resolved), The fact that they returned me a bike that lasted 2 miles before breaking down with a different fault to which it went in with means I have a damn good right to want to speak to the manager rather than wait a week. I was told the manager would phone me, he hasnt. When I tried to ring I got a busy line once and engaged the next.

I am going into the shop tomorrow, I will ask why they did not contact me,I will ask to speak to the manager. If he says I will have to wait then I will wait. If the mechanic says the pedal was not fitted correctly I will refute it and ask for my bike to be returned and have it repaired elsewhere and complain to TS. Whatever happens I will never use the shop again and tell everyone I know with a bike about their shoddy customer service.
  • pilsburypie
    pilsburypie Posts: 891
    If the manager said he was gonna call then he should have - whatever he was going to say. When you speak with him tomorrow explain that you were annoyed he didn't phone when he said he would. Then ascertain the exact day the mechanic gets back and tell them you want to be notified on that day.

Whether is is shoddy bike service or bad customer service it needs to be brought to their attention. I for one feel Britain is crap at this and I am often really suprised when I get good service.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I think you need to calm down and just wait until the mechanic is back. Frustrating? Yes, but if he's not there then he's not there. It's not as if he's there and refusing to dael with it.

When he's back, hopefully he'll explain what happened and you'll be much more informed about what they've done and why they've done it.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."