Cavendish on twitter.

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
edited May 2011 in Pro race
Apparently he joined quite recently.

Normally don't pay attention, but he seems quite amusing.

http://twitter.com/markcavendish

Comments

• Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Cav on twitter - that's got to be dangerous.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Lazy cycling journalists everywhere have been dreaming of this. An absolute godsend for them. I give it three months.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • derbygrimpeur
    derbygrimpeur Posts: 822
    he's been entertaining so far
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Love the pic of the guy that tutted at him.
  • yenrod
    yenrod Posts: 135
    try; @fakecav - thats another interesting 'follow'

Ive follow that as some pro's are too..soo I reckon MC has an alter ego that he uses at times...MC is a very smart cookie ! :wink:
    [;)] 'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,173
    Agree, pretty entertaining. Think it was last week he commented that he was punching above his weight regarding his current girlfriend - and there is always hope for every bloke......
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • derbygrimpeur
    derbygrimpeur Posts: 822
    yeah, although not every bloke has the cash that he does :roll:
  • nakita222
    nakita222 Posts: 341
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Love the pic of the guy that tutted at him.

That looks too much like JENS
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    "What's wrong with PlayStationNetwork? "Closed for maintenance" AGAIN!"
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    He was on Twitter a couple of years ago, the account closed down a few months after I found it. He wasn't using his real name.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    He also used Mark Renshaw's account a couple of times during the Tour.
    Don't think he's FakeCav, although I could be wrong, but FakeCav (also highly entertaining) is often a little behind in his news.

Daft thing is, I feel a little bit of a stalker following people on twitter, especially the delectable Mark.

Still, good practice for the Vendee.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    Just read through his tweets, seems far more entertaining than many - might start following.
  • RichN95.
    He's upset the gingers today.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    RichN95 wrote:
    meh. Some people need thicker skin (and for it not to burn so easily, dagnabbit).
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    RichN95 wrote:

What with his racist outburst at the tour a few years ago, and now this. It's really unfair, these poor people are suffering from a form of leprosy.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    iainf72 wrote:

What with his racist outburst at the tour a few years ago, and now this. It's really unfair, these poor people are suffering from a form of leprosy.

Too right, the French are clearly 'unclean'
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Why's he complaining about having a ginger bodyguard anyway - isn't that what Renshaw is?
  • iainf72
    RichN95 wrote:
    Why's he complaining about having a ginger bodyguard anyway - isn't that what Renshaw is?

He won't say anything bad about his future Green-EDGE team mates.

Hasn't he got naturally curly hair? A bit rich complaining about a day walker if he does...
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    I'd completely stopped looking at Twitter feeds, but I quite like Cav's: it's refreshingly candid!

&, Iain, do you know something we don't about Cav's team next year? I thought he'd just renewed his contract after all the hoo hah last year, but was that in advance of a contract expiry this year? Or is the Sky route an option?
    (Or is this just speculation that I'm taking seriously?)
  • iainf72
    Richrd2205 wrote:

&, Iain, do you know something we don't about Cav's team next year? I thought he'd just renewed his contract after all the hoo hah last year, but was that in advance of a contract expiry this year? Or is the Sky route an option?
    (Or is this just speculation that I'm taking seriously?)

His contract is up a the end of the year. GreenEdge have been woo-ing him, taking him for dinner etc.

But I'm just messing, no idea where he'll go. But part of me loves the idea of British star going to Australian team.
  • Tusher
    Panic.

I'm auburn. Was auburn. Now mostly greying auburn.

I'm going to have to dye my hair for the Tour.
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    His contract is up a the end of the year. GreenEdge have been woo-ing him, taking him for dinner etc.

But I'm just messing, no idea where he'll go. But part of me loves the idea of British star going to Australian team.

The rumour mill suggests that BMC are very keen. Andy Rihs may not only be prepared to take him to dinner, but also let him cop a feel too.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Tusher wrote:
    Panic.

I'm auburn. Was auburn. Now mostly greying auburn.

I'm going to have to dye my hair for the Tour.

Tusher. Go to Lush and get some henna! Smells nice and isn't chemical. Just get used to wearing cling-film while it sets!! I use it all the time. :D
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Tusher
    :D
    Thanks for the tip-they're on-line as well.
    You're a star, Ms Tree *mwah*