Anyone Else still Cold ?

kingrollo
kingrollo Posts: 3,198
edited May 2011 in Commuting general
I can't understand it - @ 7am clear blue skies - sun out.

Yet the last few mornings I have had to put layers back on ? - anyone else still cold - or do I need to MTFU ?

Comments

• Mark Bom
    Mark Bom Posts: 184
    This week has been a bit chilly, but I find arm warmers do the trick until the day warms up.

I was going to do 30 miles this morning, but the wind was too strong and too cold. The forecast is better tomorrow though, so I'll have a rest today!

Oh, and we should probably MTFU!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    It was chilly when I started this morning, in 3/4 length lycra shorts, baggy shorts over the top and a long sleeved merino baselayer with a short sleeve jersey ove the top. I find wearing winter gloves adds a lot more heat to your whole body than you'd expect. So in the mornings I wear windproof, fleecy, winter gloves and on the way home short fingered gloves, and that's the only change I need to make to keep me happy at 5C and 15C.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I could only find one of my spring/autumn gloves today so put on my winter gloves and glad I did - other than that a merino wool top and I felt just about right.
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    We've had +17C in the day and down to -3C at night in Aviemore!
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    I had no jacket on this morning, but I'm a recent convert to arm warmers as they'll go in my pockets for the journey home.

It's a four mile descent to start with my fingers got cold (fingerless gloves) my ears got cold (pulled the buff over to cover it all) but my torso was only a bit cold. At the end of the descent I was regretting my clothing choice but didn't think about it again tbh.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Yes, my desk is in a bit of a draughty spot.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Yep, I was back in full length tights, full length cotton T shirt and zip up top this morning... It's gone bloody cold out there!
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • fatherted
    fatherted Posts: 199
    Yep, I was back in full length tights, full length cotton T shirt and zip up top this morning... It's gone bloody cold out there!

I wouldn't say it's *that* cold , it was about 6degs when I got up and about 9 when I left.

The Met Office is showing that Heathrow is 17degrees at the moment.

If it's a bit cooler in the morning wear a gilet which you can put in a bag or roll up in a jersey pocket for the return journey.
  • I think we have been spoilt by higher than average temperatures in April. I don't think frosty mornings at the start of May are out of the ordinary.
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    fatherted wrote:

I wouldn't say it's *that* cold , it was about 6degs when I got up and about 9 when I left.

The Met Office is showing that Heathrow is 17degrees at the moment.

If it's a bit cooler in the morning wear a gilet which you can put in a bag or roll up in a jersey pocket for the return journey.

People were scraping cars on Wednesday morning at 5am ......

I carry some tights and a windproof + arm warmers just in case.
    FCN 3/5/9
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Bloomin 'eck it was warm this morning! Summer gloves and short sleeves for most of the ride, I had to stop and take stuff off because I was too hot!

Still, shouldn't complain really :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    softshell and windstopper vest oing in this week and my usual 3/4s. just the vest for the ride home tho (& the trous, not up for solo nudity).
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Its the time of year that arm warmers would be handy, except I don't own any and its only a couple of weeks so I'll MTFU for a little longer.