IoW Randonee - Thank You Wayfarers CTC

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
Thank you to Wayfarers CTC for organising this great event.
Myself and Topmoxy completed the 100kms in the challenging conditions as very strong head winds along the south of the island on anti clockwise route,. I have never had to peddle to go downhill, ever. In all about 4500ft of climbing according to gps.
Chapeau to the chap from Newbury that went round on a Spesh Langster single speed!!
Well done.
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• Hi Mr Goo and Topmoxy

Glad you enjoyed the ride on Sunday. We had about 4.5 hours ride time but took longer as we were supporting the local groups via their cake baking efforts. Yes the wind was rather strong especially when you'll only light like myself, that's why I invite my larger male friends along for a cycling windshield.

There were 2089 riders took part on this day across both the routes.

I don't know whether you spotted Drew Buck with his onions draped on his vintage 2 speed bike - the lower gear was activated by pedalling backwards! he had used this same bike for the epic Paris-Brest-Paris ride.

Will we see you on the CTC Grid Iron ride at the beginning of October?
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Hi Mr Goo and Topmoxy

Glad you enjoyed the ride on Sunday. We had about 4.5 hours ride time but took longer as we were supporting the local groups via their cake baking efforts. Yes the wind was rather strong especially when you'll only light like myself, that's why I invite my larger male friends along for a cycling windshield.

There were 2089 riders took part on this day across both the routes.

I don't know whether you spotted Drew Buck with his onions draped on his vintage 2 speed bike - the lower gear was activated by pedalling backwards! he had used this same bike for the epic Paris-Brest-Paris ride.

Will we see you on the CTC Grid Iron ride at the beginning of October?

Will be there.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • stifflersmom
    stifflersmom Posts: 177
    My thanks too - 1st time I've done this event, and I had a great time. The descent from Blackgang was a real challenge to keep upright with the wind.