Etape caledonia - B&B or camping help

eggyh73
eggyh73 Posts: 8
I've just been informed that the room I'd booked to stay in for the etape caledonia has been double booked and now I'm roomless. Everything for miles seems to be booked solid now.

Does anyone know of anywhere with any rooms left (single occupancy - just me), or is there anywhere to stick up a tent in Pitlochry that isn't asking for three nights booking!

Really didn't need this before my first sportive. I'm nervous enough.

Comments

• unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Ask the guest house that double booked you if they can help. They normally know loads of other guest house owners who may be able to help. Failing that ask if you can stick a tent in their back garden!
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    How much are you willing to pay for a room. The travelodges around Perth still seem to have rooms.
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    There's campsite at Pitlochry but the last resort would be the Blair Atholl castle caravan and campsite I'm afraid. At £16.50 per night I had a heart attack at the cost of a camp over night. But, they do book specific pitches for tents and it's an immaculate place, but god very dear!

To book tel: 01796 481263 if you really have too :wink:
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    There's campsite at Pitlochry but the last resort would be the Blair Atholl castle caravan and campsite I'm afraid. At £16.50 per night I had a heart attack at the cost of a camp over night. But, they do book specific pitches for tents and it's an immaculate place, but god very dear!
    Worth the money for the shower blocks if you ask me. But you've got a pm with a better offfer :wink: