Fox 32 Float RL - Lockout not working.

poltheball
poltheball Posts: 307
edited May 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
erm, this may be a stupid question :P

my 32 Float RL's (air fork) have been sat in the garage since before christmas, going through the cold Scottish winter :?

haven't been used at all as they've been waiting to be built into my new bike..

when they first arrived i had a fiddle to check everything worked fine, and it was all okay, the lockout locked out the fork as you'd expect.

but now, when i flick the lockout fully on, it makes absolutely no difference as to how much i can compress the fork.

is this just due to it sitting through winter and now summery weather?

it didn't come with a shock pump, but i'm guessing it just needs pumped back up..

advice please, you can probably tell i haven't really got a clue what i'm talking about here :lol:

cheers :)

Comments

• turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    ok make sure its air'd up first, then cycle it properly on the bike (lock outs take a little time to lock if left for ages as the oil needs to find its way back in). if this doesn't work then the lock out could be bust :( mine did this once while I was out on the trails; could hear a knocking inside it; Fox sorted it with a service but then thats not cheap ! maybe the only way tho....give it a dam good few cycles first before sending it off !
  • poltheball
    poltheball Posts: 307
    if it's broken i'm not going to be happy :L

it was bought brand new off of CRC..

but heyho. i'll give that a try, thanks.

if that doesn't work then i'll get my lbs to have a look, and then probably send it to fox or mojo if they can't help :/

cheers :)