any central manchester folk for friendly training/long rides

looking for road cyclists based around manchester. im 26 years old based in salford and im looking for anyone who rides around greater manchester for friendly rides and training. i usually ride with a few other guys but their injurys have left me on my own. normally hit a few hills( i weigh 90kg tho so not that good on them lol) and aim for around 40 miles minimum. if anyone rides and will let me join them or you join me let me know. just wanna hit the sunshine and have a laugh :D

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    How about joining a club?

Seamons is a very good choice for what you want...
  • i was thinking about it. anyone have experience with wheelers i think its called? and this seamons!! where is it based. ill google it in a second
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Manchester Wheelers have an 'Intro' ride scheduled for this Sunday from the Gateway pub in Parrswood out to Tatton Park and back:

http://www.manchesterwheelers.co.uk/rides/537/detail.htm

There's plenty of info about the club on the website too, I recently joined the Wheelers myself and am really enjoying it.
  • Thanks I'll have a look into it. Do I need to be a member for the intro ride? I'm considering joining them as £20 a year sounds great. But it isn't payday for another 2 weeks. Once a member also do you pay per ride or all they all free rides?
  • rothers_bikeo
    rothers_bikeo Posts: 225
    NapoleonD wrote:
    How about joining a club?
    Seamons is a very good choice for what you want...
    That would be us :)

Seamons CC are based in Altrincham, clubs runs to suit all abilities at 9:00 am every Sunday. I joined last August, a great friendly bunch.

Info here: http://www.seamonscc.co.uk/JoinUs3.html

and here: http://www.seamonscc.co.uk/Calendar6.html
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Seamons do informal runs every tues and Thurs as well IIRC...
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    Once a member also do you pay per ride or all they all free rides?

All free :wink:
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • thanks for your replies guys. i've spoken to a friend about joining a club and he used to ride with the wheelers and loved it. so i'll be looking into joining it once i get some money together. the bike needs a wheel service so i'll be up and running soon.
  • HiMoz
    HiMoz Posts: 62
    Ive not been cycling long/never cycled in a group and am planning to go along to the said intro ride on sunday 8th. Have a look through their forum does seem like a friendly bunch.
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    The intro rides are proving very popular so I'm told, we have enough interest to do one every week!
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Do I need to be a member for the intro ride?
    No, you can go along on rides before you join.
  • I need to get back out on the bike. I'm just up the east lancs from you, so not fa,r in Tyldesley.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?