Ride Around London 115mile - 60mile - 25mile offroad

Hannah_24
Hannah_24 Posts: 12
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post some info on here about a new event launched recently that you might be interested in. I am helping organise it this year and it is always good to get even more riders signed up:

Ride Around London is a new cycling event that will take place on Sunday 25th September 2011. Ride Around London will be a challenging 115 mile annual cycling event taking in some of the fantastic cycling that London has to offer. The carefully planned route, taking in Olympic landmarks past and present, has been devised by respected cycle-tour veteran Andy Cook. Starting at the Herne Hill Velodrome, the route then goes up the iconic Box Hill, along the beautiful North Downs, through Windsor Great Park, passing Eton Dorney and the Chilterns and finishing next to the brand new 2012 Lee Valley White Water Centre.

The event is in aid of Access Sport who help provide support, training, equipment and facilities to sporting clubs in disadvantaged communities. Check out www.accesssport.org.uk for more details about the projects and clubs they are working with at the moment.

Access Sport have recently launched a 60mile half route and a 25mile off road trail circuit which together with the 115mile main event will culminate in a BikeJAM festival at the finish line at the new 2012 Lee Valley White Water Center.

An event to look forward to at the end of the season??

It would be nice to get some feedback from sportive riders about the route and those that are planning on or have already signed up to post on here to let us know so we can look out for you. wWe are well on our way to getting 1000+ riders just for the main event so be sure to sign up early so you don't miss out as there is a limmit!

(There is also a corporate challenge so if you and your company would like more information on this email ridelondon@accesssport.co.uk and someone will get back to you with the details)

Thanks for checking this out

Hannah :D

For more information and to register go to www.accesssport.org.uk/ride-around-london

Comments

• Hannah_24
    Has anyone thought of doing it in fixed gear? The CEO of the Charity is going to...I thought that's mad!
  • Hannah_24
    We will be launching corporate entry soon so let me know if you/company are interested in entering a team. Email me on ridelondon@accesssport.co.uk for more info