Newbie to MTB

jb0o
jb0o Posts: 7
edited May 2011 in MTB beginners
Hi all,

I'm Jonny, 21 from the North East.

Wanted to pick up a new hobby, something to fill the Sundays with, so thought I'd get involved in Mountain Biking,

Having never mountain biked before I didn't want to spend a fortune so I managed to pick up a 2yr old Carrera Kraken XC for a decent price. Bike seems to be in excellent condition apart from a leaking brake hose - I'll make a seperate thread for that!

I'm a member of numerous forums around the internet and I know how informative they can be; I have no doubt that this will be the same!

Cheers,
Jonny

Comments

• toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you have picked up a very good starter bike, just get out and ride it as much as possible. I'm sure you will be hooked in no time.
  • jb0o
    jb0o Posts: 7
    Thanks Toby.

A friend and I are off out to the Yorkshire Moors next Sunday, so hopefully that'll be a good starter.. plenty of good tracks around there Ive been told..
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    jb0o wrote:
    A friend and I are off out to the Yorkshire Moors next Sunday, so hopefully that'll be a good starter.. plenty of good tracks around there Ive been told..

Nice one! Always good to get a friend involved. Exploring new places is always good as well, most likely to find some awesome riding that you wouldn't have otherwise found.