On-line shopping - be aware!!

AndyD2574
AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
Checked my bank account today to be faced with over £1000 of fraudelent transactions.........most of them through i-tunes.

BE CAREFUL everyone! Phoned my bank and they said that there has been a spurt of fraud that is tagged as 'my fax' and lots via i-tunes. £300 of i-tunes transactions and some random flights for £700!!! :shock: :shock:

Luckily I am covered for fraud but total shocker this morning!!..........AND its my biorthday so that was a sh1te present!!

Just shows how easy this stuff can happen.
Specialized S Works Venge
Argon18 E114
Specialized Langster Single Speed
Scott Spark Expert 29'er
GT Avalanche
http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk

Comments

• johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    Happy Birthday :shock: bit of a rotten surprise!!
    glad you spotted it. Made me check my account immediately cos I guess like you I always assume that my accounts are safe
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    AndyD2574 wrote:
    Checked my bank account today to be faced with over £1000 of fraudelent transactions.........most of them through i-tunes.

BE CAREFUL everyone! Phoned my bank and they said that there has been a spurt of fraud that is tagged as 'my fax' and lots via i-tunes. £300 of i-tunes transactions and some random flights for £700!!! :shock: :shock:

Luckily I am covered for fraud but total shocker this morning!!..........AND its my biorthday so that was a sh1te present!!

Just shows how easy this stuff can happen.

Shouldn't be too hard to catch then?
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    I blame Wiggle.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I've had a couple of frauds in the last couple of weeks

Credit card - phone top-up

ID Theft - Bloody Grattan catalogue (small order to my address - large to a different address)

PITA
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    I had 10 grands worth of fraud one month on my Am Ex BA airmiles card, one phone call to Am Ex all sorted never heard anything again, best part was they didn't deduct the Airmiles 8)
  • Slimbods
    Slimbods Posts: 321
    Have you got a sony psn account with a credit card attached?
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,687
    ID Theft - Bloody Grattan catalogue (small order to my address - large to a different address)
    A catalogue account and purchase is the only attempted fraud I've had so far (Littlewoods, not Grattan) - but I had a call from Littlewoods fraud dept (yes I did check by phoning back and Googling the number) who spotted the irregularity (it was an iphone going to a London address), and they also reported it to CIFAS - worth a read, if you're worried about these things. Apparently all they had was my DOB and address, and the account was set up. Great. Anyway, at least Littlewoods spotted it.

And then, of course, I've had my credit card replaced as a precaution because of the CRC cock-up.

I suppose it does go to show that at least some of the systems are working, even if they are retrospective.
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    Slimbods wrote:
    Have you got a sony psn account with a credit card attached?

No mate??.................cant understand it.................but I have bought from wiggle lately! :lol:

Bank was great and will get cash back but pain in the @ss!!

Totally shat myself this morning when I looked!!

Hope whatever flights the scum bag booked takes him / her to teh sh1ttest holiday destination ever and the songs he/she bought on i-tunes pop their ear drums!! :D
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Shouldn't be too hard to catch then?

Not true, I had someone book hotel rooms on my card, gave card issuer and police at least a weeks notice and nothing happened.

Month later I recieved an email saying my account would be credited, saddest thing is they only went to Travel Lodge!