Iphone app for gpx files

964rh
964rh Posts: 72
edited May 2011 in Tour & expedition
Hi all

Group of us are doing a Lutterworth to Skegness run in a few weeks and I've created a route using 'ridewithgps.com' and a gpx file.

Does anyone know of an Iphone app that I can use the gpx file with, so I can use for directions along the way?

Already have runkeeper, endomondo and motion x but can't see how to drop the file into them.

Thanks

Rob

Comments

• cnud
    cnud Posts: 11
    Everytrail is easy to use, get the app, join the website, upload your file to the website and sync your app
  • 964rh
    964rh Posts: 72
    Excellent, thanks both.

Tried Easytrail and trails last night and the trails app gives a lot more accurate detail than the easytrail so using the lite version of that for now.

Cheers

Rob
  • Pigtail
    Pigtail Posts: 424
    You can use a gpx file with cyclemeter. You simply email it to yourself and when you open it cyclemeter recognises it.

I don't know how good it is by comparison with others though as I haven't used anything else.

I also had a problem with ridewithgps (on firefox) not recognising data from googlemaps.

James
  • andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    964rh wrote:
    Excellent, thanks both.

Tried Easytrail and trails last night and the trails app gives a lot more accurate detail than the easytrail so using the lite version of that for now.

Just got round to downloading it myself - it does look useful. I wonder ifbit also cachesbthe mapping so you can use it offline.
  • rob_finch
    rob_finch Posts: 3
    andymiller wrote:
    964rh wrote:
    Excellent, thanks both.

Just got round to downloading it myself - it does look useful. I wonder ifbit also cachesbthe mapping so you can use it offline.

I use MotionX, which can import the GPX file and cache maps. It acts as a good cycle computer, allowing you to save and re-follow tracks later.I think there are several similar apps but this one does the job for me.