Which sunglasses?

wicked2627
wicked2627 Posts: 122
edited May 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi

I'm getting into my road cycling and have a relative small head. Want to get some decent sunglasses but lbs only have a small selection and will be buying from Internet.

I have 3 requirements:

1) anti fog
2) photochromatic lenses (so I don't have to change lenses)
3) good optics (at moment when I take cheap ones off, it takes a while for my eyes to readjust)

Would like your suggestions.

Oakley radars seem expensive, rudy rydons look ok but oos and not got enough knowledge of other brands. Looking at £130 max.

Will be predominantly for road cycling.

Cheers guys
Specialized Roubaix Pro Expert 2020
Boardman HT Pro Ltd Ed MTB
Boardman Pro Carbon Road Bike (Turbo Trainer)
Charge Mixer

Comments

• Rudy Project fit the bill

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/rudy-project-ry ... n=products

I personally use Oakley's but next pair just might be a Rudy!

regards,
    Mac
  • wicked2627
    wicked2627 Posts: 122
    Cheers - read the reviews and this is the best price too.

Ordered!
    Specialized Roubaix Pro Expert 2020
    Boardman HT Pro Ltd Ed MTB
    Boardman Pro Carbon Road Bike (Turbo Trainer)
    Charge Mixer
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    I love my Rudy Rydons and with the photochromic lenses you're good to go day or night, sunshine or rain! The arms and nose pads are fully adjustable, doubt there's a head they wouldn't fit!
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Wicked2627 wrote:
    Cheers - read the reviews and this is the best price too.

Ordered!

Think Primera have a 15 or 20% off discount code this weekend
  • CarleyB
    CarleyB Posts: 475
    Thats not bad at Primera worked out at £114.74 delivered. A fiver cheaper than wiggle.
    Level 3 Road & Time Trial Coach, Level 2 Track Coach.

Blackpool Clarion CC
    http://blackpoolclarion.webs.com/

Blackpool Youth Cycling Association
    http://www.go-ride-byca.org
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Wicked2627 wrote:

I have 3 requirements:

1) anti fog
    2) photochromatic lenses (so I don't have to change lenses)
    3) good optics (at moment when I take cheap ones off, it takes a while for my eyes to readjust)

Make that 4 requirements. Include UV/UVB, which is pretty standard but make sure.
    Do glasses now come with "anti-fog"? Or is that something that YOU need to put on the lenses on a sort of daily basis? Will these glasses have to be prescription lenses? If so,
    not all frames, especially ones that have really curved lenses, will work.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I am long sighted so can get away with non prescription glasses for most rides.

I bought some Rudy Rydons last year and they have been superb, then during the winter there was a special deal on Oakleys....WOW like a different world, the best money I have ever spent on glasses.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    FWIW you don't have to buy so called "cycling specific" sunglasses. A few years back I needed new prescription sunglasses. Went to the Optometrist and he hooked me up with bifocals in a very stylish(according to my wife) Ray-Ban frame. Love them, don't have to switch glasses to read, work great on the bike, and have gone down many a mountain pass at fairly high speeds(well, at least for an old guy) without having my eyes water. Great skiing glasses. Couldn't ask for more. Get your wife / girlfriend to go with you and pick out a pair of slightly swept back, close fitting ones.
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    Oakleys every time
    Richard

Giving it Large