Cheap Jerseys from China

cougie
cougie Posts: 22,512
edited May 2011 in Road buying advice
Yes - quality was better than I thought - they come up a bit small in sizing - and as comfy as any other jersey I have.

Comments

• Mark Bom
    Mark Bom Posts: 184
    I've often looked at them on eBay and wondered about the quality, and reliability of the seller?

I might chance my arm one day as they seem very cheap.
  • christurbo
    christurbo Posts: 432
    I have not bought any but a fellow rider does and they are very good. I am going to dip my toe at some point.
  • christurbo
    christurbo Posts: 432
    djbarren wrote:
    I am thinking about hitting the buy button on this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

What colour combo are you going for - I love the black and white.

Their UK based - so no long postage delays too [although £10 more expensive than China based sellers.]
  • johnsonmoog
    johnsonmoog Posts: 51
    Are those linked by djbarren above legitimate items - listing says new with tags and the seller gets a good feedback score? Liking those Castelli's as well.
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    christurbo wrote:
    Their UK based - so no long postage delays too [although £10 more expensive than China based sellers.]
    Are those linked by djbarren above legitimate items - listing says new with tags and the seller gets a good feedback score? Liking those Castelli's as well.

That seller picked up a neg and a neutral a couple of weeks pertaining to both your questions;

Neutral - Shorts aren't great and item comes direct from CHINA!! Beware.

Negative - Not authentic rock racing apparel, ships from china not UK

Don't think I'll risk it myself......
  • johnsonmoog
    johnsonmoog Posts: 51
    Thanking ye!
  • orbeaorca
    orbeaorca Posts: 246

Is it not obvious they are not legit at that price?

And they are not Castelli, just inferior products with Castelli logos ie FAKE
  • Benjamin Hall
    Benjamin Hall Posts: 608
    Not legit but who gives a shit? I just cannot afford expensive jerseys, and I dont want to have wear nasty looking loose fitting ones from cycle clothing or somewhere like that.

For me the jersey quality is great, some of the stitching was a bit wonky on one jersey i had but thats why you are paying less, they are mass produced, not hand crafted by elves in italy or switzerland.

Im going to order myself a quickstep and lotto jersey the second my student loan drops.. 2 good looking reasonable jerseys for £32....whats not to like?
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I bought one of these jerseys a while back. Quality may be ok, but the fit is crap compared to a good quality jersey. If you want a decent fitting jersey without breaking the bank I'd keep an eye on the Prendas website for Santini jerseys - great quality IME and you can often pick them up for less than £30.
    More problems but still living....
  • orbeaorca
    orbeaorca Posts: 246
    Not legit but who gives a shoot? I just cannot afford expensive jerseys, and I dont want to have wear nasty looking loose fitting ones from cycle clothing or somewhere like that.

For me the jersey quality is great, some of the stitching was a bit wonky on one jersey i had but thats why you are paying less, they are mass produced, not hand crafted by elves in italy or switzerland.

Im going to order myself a quickstep and lotto jersey the second my student loan drops.. 2 good looking reasonable jerseys for £32....whats not to like?

Well for a start the manufacturers give a 'shoot' as their logo is being plastered all over inferior products.
    Fair enough if you cant afford expensive gear but you can buy far better than these fakes, Amerferanga is spot on about Santini stuff plus there is always bargains to be found online.
    You dont need expensive gear, I have loads of Assos,Rapha and Castelli, doesnt make me a better cyclist. I just like to look smart and I like the quality but thats just me.
  • Benjamin Hall
    Benjamin Hall Posts: 608
    orbeaorca wrote:
    Well for a start the manufacturers give a 'shoot' as their logo is being plastered all over inferior products.
    Fair enough if you cant afford expensive gear but you can buy far better than these fakes, Amerferanga is spot on about Santini stuff plus there is always bargains to be found online.
    You dont need expensive gear, I have loads of Assos,Rapha and Castelli, doesnt make me a better cyclist. I just like to look smart and I like the quality but thats just me.

The problem with looking out for bargains on the web is that if like me you are 'normal' size, there is very little to be had.

I am on a severely low budget and from what ive tried there is no better value for money than these chinese jerseys, plus they seem to be the perfect fit for me.

If they were selling exactly the same jerseys in black or white (that could be worth an email) I would still buy them. You get a full zip, 3 decent pockets, and if you crash you have only lost £20 not 50 or 100 or more.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    The problem with looking out for bargains on the web is that if like me you are 'normal' size, there is very little to be had.

I am on a severely low budget and from what ive tried there is no better value for money than these chinese jerseys, plus they seem to be the perfect fit for me.

If they were selling exactly the same jerseys in black or white (that could be worth an email) I would still buy them. You get a full zip, 3 decent pockets, and if you crash you have only lost £20 not 50 or 100 or more.

Well the Planet X jerseys that were £10 are better than the Chinese rip-offs and the Nonas jerseys they sold for just a few quid more are much better than the Chinese rip-offs. I bought a Santini jersey from Prendas last year for £25 and its TOP quality (I'm a regular size btw).

Anyway, how many jerseys do you really need? I make do with a couple of good jerseys and a few cheapos for commuting.
    More problems but still living....
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    I ordered one a couple of years ago - wasn;t particularly impressed - comparable quality to Aldi gear but more expensive. Depends so much on luck when ordering, with genuine brands you have a rough idea of what sort of quality to expect, but with fakes then it is more of a gamble.

If you are on a budget then check out Decathlon their tops are good value and go from the really basic at £8 up to about £30 or £40 (their more expensive tops are IMO comparable in quality and fit with those from other brands at double the price)
  • warrior4life
    warrior4life Posts: 925
    I just got a couple of bits from this site http://shop.ebay.co.uk/icrossroad4424/m ... 4340.l2562 The sizing's good and the quality to.
    They are quite thin material though, The long sleeve is great for this time of year or cooler summer evenings.
    Im not that bothered about team kit and I like something a little different.

Havent tried the shorts yet though.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I have bought 4 lots from different sellers on eBay, absolutely brilliant, for £25 + postage you simply can't go wrong, they work out as approx. Assos sizes.

All mine have a Coolmax Pad that I find really good and have ridden up to 80 miles in them, for long rides I tend to ride my Assos shorts.

A new pair of the Garmin ones arrived last week and I wore them today, would probably say they were the most comfortable cut I have ever worn, only wore them over 50 miles but truly luxury.