swinley to tunnel hill?

w.jenkins
w.jenkins Posts: 99
edited April 2011 in Routes
hi there,
been riding xc around swinley for sometime now and its all got a bit boring now, does a nybody know if it possible to ride from swinley (i dont drive) to tunnel hill and where the best bits are?
or if there somebody out there who would be a willing guide?
thanks!

Comments

• sandy hill
    sandy hill Posts: 390
    Yes it is; yes to most of the next; if you like to the last but only if you undergo a strip search to ensure you have no gps about you or your bike. ;)
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
  • w.jenkins
    w.jenkins Posts: 99
    i have tosay, that made no sense at all,
    would you be willing to post gneral details of how to get to tunnel hill from swinley (deer stalker and baby maker way) and i will try and find thebest bits in tunnel hill.
    and sadly no gps, not rich yet
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I don't know an entirely off road route myself to join the two, but look at Open Cycle Map and bottom end of Swinley is not far from Frith Hill, which is a good starting point for Porridgepot and then onto Tunnel Hill. You will have to cross the M3 somewhere though.

Just be aware that these are MOD areas and they're getting a bit picky about mountain bikers riding there. You are permitted within reason, but see the signs they've put up and be sensible and don't get in the army's way (or get yourself injured whilst on the land!). They're not happy with people posting GPS traces or maps all over the net though, hence hook up with someone who can show you the way.

Another option is to join up with the Tunnel Hill Trolls. Or join the army!

P.S. You can cycle round Tunnel Hill on your own for ages and not find a thing.