Golspie - Highland Wildcat

andrewyzfr6
andrewyzfr6 Posts: 194
edited July 2011 in Routes
I ride here regularly and, and have done for the last 5 years. In the last couple of years it seems to have been neglected. Main bugbear is a tree has come down over the climbing section just before the treeline turn off. Its been there for at least 2 months, I cant seem to contact anyone regarding it, ive tryed to email via their site, but no luck. As well as that the pay meter thing in the car park has been broken for months so cant even contribute to the trails!!
Any ideas?
And how come I cant find any informatrion onGolspie here? No one interested in it or bother going there?
2011 Orange 224 evo race
2009 Orange 5 pro
2008 Scott Scale 30
2002 S-works m5 fsr

Comments

• andrewyzfr6
    Still no reply from them?
    ANyone have any ideas?
    cheers
    2011 Orange 224 evo race
    2009 Orange 5 pro
    2008 Scott Scale 30
    2002 S-works m5 fsr
  • andrewyzfr6
    I never received a reply from highland wildcat, but the tree across the trail has been removed and the parking machine has now been fixed, plus you can put whatever donation in that you see fit, which is handy and just use up whatever change I had last week!
    2011 Orange 224 evo race
    2009 Orange 5 pro
    2008 Scott Scale 30
    2002 S-works m5 fsr
  • steve_muzzy
    steve_muzzy Posts: 259
    We are up in 2 weeks, will see if the has been any changes
  • darren555
    darren555 Posts: 194
    I rode it last month after a trip to the Orkneys.
    I thought it was great. The lactic ladder technical black climb had me pushing the bike a fair few times. Is it possible to do it without putting a foot down? Are you sure you aren't supposed to go down it and not up!?
    I think its one of the best marked trails I've ridden on. The red descent is a hoot and the black is proper black. Plenty to challenge you. Stunning views from the top too. No fireroad either!
    I liked the fact that rather than having a trail centre profiting from all the riders custom, it starts in the village so the cafes and shops there should benefit. I would have thought that for this reason the local council would be looking after it.
  • andrewyzfr6
    It is possible to cycle up the lactic ladder, its a fair challenge but I have gone up it without "dabbing" my foot on the ground loads of times, but i do enjoy challenges like that. A few f my mates have improved hugely on the Lactic over the last few years too.
    There is a short area of fireroad/forrestry road climb near the top for about 1/2 a mile if you do the full loop round the monument.
    There is a good cafe/coffee shop at the car park in the village, but its never open on evenings or weekends when we are there. There is also an excellent chip shop which does cracking venison burgers!
    2011 Orange 224 evo race
    2009 Orange 5 pro
    2008 Scott Scale 30
    2002 S-works m5 fsr