cervelo 2010 r3 or bmc 2011 slr01

canbakay
canbakay Posts: 282
edited May 2011 in Road buying advice
cervelo 2010 r3 or bmc 2011 slr01??
seems to be a hard choice, both have great sides.but bmc slightly sexier?

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 10&t=75502

both would be with sram red and cosmic carbone sls..both sub 7kg

helpp
Dogma
Madone
R3
Point Reyes
Raleigh Burner
Boris

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    By the sound of it you cannot ride a BMC in the rain, so the Cervelo
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    Hard choice, If it were the s3 you were looking at I would be tempted by it, but BMC are one of my favourite looking bikes, so I would be edging towards that!

Can you test ride both?
  • JRooke
    JRooke Posts: 243
    have to be the bmc for me, see cervelo as an i saw
  • canbakay
    canbakay Posts: 282
    yeah i used the cervelo for over a week and on a 50k ride..very good machine, especially compared to my trek madone..but one big criticism is that id didnt give me the trust to lean over the handlebars and really all out sprint...surprisingly the trek was better at that, but that must be because of its geometry - the cervelo is much stiffer.

the rear wheel slightly elevated and whoever had that before will know that once that happens you hesitate to give it all again. the trek and cervelo are both 58 so the bmc would be a 57 as a the next size up will be way too big, but im relaying on the straight top tube and slightly more weight at the back to keep the rear end down.

has anyone used an oversized stem ??

about the s3/2, yeah that is also a very very pretty machine but i wont be able to test ride that..besides ive got a lot of hilly rides coming up in the summer in barcelona/france.
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • JRooke
    JRooke Posts: 243
    the BMC has strange geometry, im a 58 on every frame ive ever had but the 57 fits me perfectly, i do use an oversized stem but its not due to frame size its just to adopt a more aggressive race position
  • marlin151
    marlin151 Posts: 52
    Cervelo has lifetime frame warranty for the original owner.

Not ridden the BMC, but my 2010 R3 is light stiff and very comfortable - 312K round Mallorca on Sat, handled the mountain climbs and fast descents in complete confidence. Won Paris Roubaix in past as well, so a great all rounder choice if you're happy not to have an "aero" style bike and want race handling and performance.

I'm sure BMC is equally talented, so just go for the brand that feels right for you.
  • My 2007 R3 is a genuine do everything bike - race cat 2, 160km sportives, Marmotte, commuter, pub bike.