Laptop backpack

SteveR_100Milers
SteveR_100Milers Posts: 5,987
edited May 2011 in Commuting general
Apologies of this is elsewhere, but am looking for a good sized laptop backpack that I can alos strap on for a one day a week commute. It also has to double up as a daily business bag. I have been looking at a Swissgear Wenger Ibex, and also the Spire Torq and Volt XL. The spire range looks great but is so expensive. Most backapcks are simply too small to be of any use. I have a smallish Dell latitde for the office, and occasionally need to lug my Sony Viao 16.4" monster about also, so it has to be 17" compliant. The big drawback with the wenger is it has no waist strap, but looks more business like than the hiking look of the spires. Any recommendations or experiences with the above gladly received.

EDIT

This looks interesting. 61 should be enough for laptop, plus lunch, plus cubes with clothes in etc.

http://www.victorinox.com/product/4/400/4005/31388001

Comments

• SteveR_100Milers
    SteveR_100Milers Posts: 5,987
    FWIW I ended up buying a North Face Overhaul 40

Pros: Large size, expandable, build quality, comfortable straps + hip stratp

Cons: top heavy, unstable (falls over when placed on floor), not the last word in interior pockets, bland looks (which actually might be a plus)
  • whitestar1
    whitestar1 Posts: 530
    go to Decathlon website or one of their superstores. Got mine from there a Newfeel for under £40.
    Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
    Specialized Roubaix Comp 2017
    Cube Agree Pro 2014
    Triban 7 2013
    RockRider 8.0 2011
    http://www.whitestar1.co.uk
  • andrewc3142
    andrewc3142 Posts: 906
    Rapha backpack. Takes a 15" MacBookPro - may well take your 16", but doubt a 17". Well made, pretty waterproof and smart enough to take into business meetings. Plus the expanding bit is good for when you need to pick up some shopping or whatever. Very well made.

Don't use it for commuting since I prefer my SQR Slim, but I wouldn't put my laptop in that.