On one Pompino frame sizing advice needed

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited April 2011 in Commuting general
Looking to buy a Pompino but not entirely sure what size to get. I am 6 foot and will be running the bike single speed with flat bars and mostly doing back roads and cycletracks/towpaths.

I already have an On One Scandal 18 inch frame MTB with a 80mm stem and an inline seatpost which fits me like a glove. Cant make my mind up to buy a Large 54 cm or XLarge 57 cm frame both frames cross over at 6 foot on the sizing chart the L is up to 6' 1" the XL is 6' and up.

Anyone who rides a L or XL and is a similar height to me what do you think of the frame sizing. Its absolutely donkeys years since I had anything other than a MTB and not sure how road metric sizing works out.
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• Noclue
    Noclue Posts: 503
    Whilst i don't have a pomp i do have an On-one scandal in 18" and a planet x sl pro carbon in large, i'm also 6 foot and based on that i'd stick with the large.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Hi Noclue thanks thats very useful feedback. Just had a look at the PlanetX SL and it is slightly longer in top tube measurement by 15mm on the large. However they are different frame layouts and obviously the SL has drop handlebars do drops make any difference to frame sizing.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Noclue
    Noclue Posts: 503
    Well they make you stretch out more so the overall position is longer, but it's supposed to be a more racier position.