Your Royal Wedding ride..........

2»

Comments

• AndyF16
    AndyF16 Posts: 506
    Did grocery shopping while it was happening, in a lovely deserted Waitrose - then got out for a 60 miler starting around 3:30 - roads about normal but middle of Cambridge packed with pissed people :)
    2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
    2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
    2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange
  • Mark Bom
    Mark Bom Posts: 184
    Managed a 30 miler and came back through Windsor, which was eerily quiet.

Only saw five other riders out, which I thought was strange. Normally on a Sunday there are hundreds out!

It was still going on when I got in, but a power cut meant I missed the lot! :wink:
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Took my bike to my parents' home, where my girlfriend wanted to watch wedding on TV with my family. When I got there, I realised that I'd forgotten my water bottles, anti-allergy tablets, sunglasses and puncture repair kit, so I set up the rollers and did a session while the wedding was on.

Went into the living room just in time to see the flypast, where I was a bit surprised to see a Lancaster fly over a load of krauts without dropping bombs on them.

Then went out and played some footie with my brother when he got home from work.
  • Did 45 miles round Bucks and stopped at the UK's best rated coffee stop (The Independent 2010), served by the most delectable in-theme waitresses.

Check out our ride report, and Picture Of The Month on our Blog!!!
    www.gregarios.co.uk
  • 2 hours from 10-12 to cover 32 miles in the north pennines from Weardale to Teesdale and back - 3500 feet of climbing, including England's highest road (although from the 'easy' Teesdale side). Very, very quiet - not even that many motorbikes. Poor buggers still out emptying the bins in Teesdale, though - hope they were getting double time.
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    56 miles from Liverpool, over the Runcorn Bridge, through Runcorn, Lymm, across the Warburton Bridge and back through Warrington to Liverpool.

There was hardly any traffic out at the start and there was only a little bit of traffic on the Runcorn Bridge, normally there's a never ending stream of traffic on the bridge, even on a Sunday, but at one point I felt like I had the bridge all to myself.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    edited April 2011
    40ish miles for me around the Chess Valley. Happily pootling along in the warm sunshine until I must have found the only cloud in the sky, and the heavens opened in the blink of an eye. Couldn't see a thing, sheltered under a tree but still got totally soaked and the road became a river. Started off when it eased up, literally 200 yards down the country road it was bright sunshine and totally dry :roll: :roll: :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    Unlucky :lol:
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Did the Three Rivers and a Wedding audax from Wem route here…. http://ridewithgps.com/routes/348678

Great day, rode out with 12 up and as usual when the road went up it began to split got to Lake Vyrnwy with three others first did the control then the Bwlch-y- Groes round Bala Lake and back over the Berwyns via the Milltir Gerrig. 6hrs 4mins ride time and 106.25 miles.
    Thanks to the two guys from Audlem CC who team up with me and my ride buddy it made the ride back into the wind a bit more fun :)
  • BBH
    BBH Posts: 476
    Did 47miles yesterday (was gutted I couldn't do the 50 but the headwind beat my legs to a pulp!!!!). Really nice ride, although heavens opened and I got soaked and my lovely clean white bike is now filthy. Saw the end of the wedding at the coffee stop, and def found the roads busier after the wedding than before!!
    Still, a good day :D:D
    2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
    2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
    2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
    Twitter: @MadRoadie
  • mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    Bournemouth - Forest of Bowland - Settle - Rippon on The Way Of The Roses route.

72, hilly and a strong head wind. Quads are pulp.