Trip Comp Crashes

shane r
shane r Posts: 326
edited April 2011 in Road beginners
Starting a new thread from a post I made elsewhere:

I recently bought a cateye wireless and loved it-until last night. I was on a ride with some friends and we decided to have a bit of a race along a quiet rural stretch with a long gradual decent.

I was out in front and my speedo read 32mph and I was still excellerating. It then flashed 'error' three times and the display completely crapped out. Got home and there was no way around it- hard reset and all my odometer miles lost

Do cheaper ones have a speed limit above which they crash?
Coupla Road Bikes

Comments

• bruce225
    bruce225 Posts: 129
    Depending on models you may be able to re-input your mileage...

32 miles Isn't that fast,so no it won't have a speed limit.
  • shane r
    shane r Posts: 326
    BRUCE225 wrote:
    Depending on models you may be able to re-input your mileage...

32 miles Isn't that fast,so no it won't have a speed limit.

Precisely what I thought. I'd expect it to be able to cope. Just odd that it has worked flawlessly for the first couple hundred miles, must be mere coincidence.
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    I had a cateye wireless that was incredibly prone to resetting itself mid ride. Closer examination revealed that even a minor bump in the road caused the thing to reset itself - I sent my back and got an alternative brand - no problems since.

If you google it - you will see this is a common problem
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    The unwritten rule is that you have to go back and retrace your ride straight away :D
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business