Chain Reaction Cycles Boycott Re Credit Card Fraud Situation

CRCBoycott
CRCBoycott Posts: 2
edited April 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi there,

I'm a member on an Irish cycling forum and over there a boycott petition was created due to grievances over Chain Reaction Cycles' handling of the recent credit card fraud situation which occurred on their site recently.

The link to the boycott petition is

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthre ... 2056250192

If you are aggrieved with Chain Reaction Cycles' handling of this situation then please feel free to follow suit by doing likewise here.

Thanks.

Comments

• CRCBoycott wrote:
    Hi there,

I'm a member on an Irish cycling forum and over there a boycott petition was created due to grievances over Chain Reaction Cycles' handling of the recent credit card fraud situation which occurred on their site recently.

The link to the boycott petition is

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthre ... 2056250192

If you are aggrieved with Chain Reaction Cycles' handling of this situation then please feel free to follow suit by doing likewise here.

Thanks.

Classy.
  • airbusboy
    airbusboy Posts: 231
    What are you hoping to achieve??

After emailing CRC with my concerns they were quick to CALL me back, explain the situation, apologise and then keep me update with there investigations...etc. Accidents happen....
    'Ride hard for those who can't.....'
  • airbusboy
    airbusboy Posts: 231
    edited April 2011
    What are you hoping to achieve??

After emailing CRC with my concerns they were quick to CALL me back, explain the situation, apologise and then keep me updated with there investigations...etc. Accidents happen....
    'Ride hard for those who can't.....'
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    There's been so much of this recently I have no idea where the issue exists: off the top of my head

PSN
    CRC
    Hilton Honors (IIRC)

My card has been defrauded and yesterday I got a message from a catalogue company saying they suspected fraud - sure enough: name, address, DOB etc Total PITA.

These companies owe us a duty of care with our details. With PSN I'm particularly hacked off because the encryption they use to protect their own assets (DRM on the PS3) means that when the board fails, you lose all your data (as my sick son found out). They haven't applied such exacting standards to my details - one way street.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH