Wheel sucking...

greasedscotsman
greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
Is there a better expression or term for wheel sucking? It sounds, so, American!

:D

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    yeah, it sucks
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    No. And I'm encountering more and more of it when I'm out training.

Had a bloke stuck to my back wheel for miles last Monday - I was doing a tempo training session so was going pretty quick. He didn't say 'morning' back when I passed him, he sat on me for bloody miles and didn't say 'thanks' when he peeled off!

I blame Sportives...
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • Was doing a hard session myself the other evening on the TT bike... one of the stretches was into an absolute sod of a headwind so I was working hard and only looked back right near the end of the rep.... there was a line strung out of 6 riders behind me! I felt soiled and used!
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996

Had a bloke stuck to my back wheel for miles last Monday - I was doing a tempo training session so was going pretty quick. He didn't say 'morning' back when I passed him, he sat on me for bloody miles and didn't say 'thanks' when he peeled off!

I blame Sportives...

Sounds like sour grapes because you couldn't ditch him! :wink:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Chip \'oyler
    Aggieboy wrote:

I blame Sportives...

I didn't mind him being sat on my wheel. It was him ignoring me when I said 'good morning' that f**ked me off!

But then again if he wants to race me he should pin a fookin number on his back!

• funny how itmight have thought you knew him) blew and then sat behind for a rest. Other rider will think you're a wheel sucker but you're just suffering .

still no excuse for not thanking. Mind you I find I am towing more and more riders home on the daily commute. What makes me laugh is I'm on a single speed hybrid and they are on road bikes and seem to be suffering to hang on

maybe we all need to look up Rule 5
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy wrote:

I blame Sportives...

I didn't mind him being sat on my wheel. It was him ignoring me when I said 'good morning' that f**ked me off!
    But then again if he wants to race me he should pin a fookin number on his back!

Mountain biker really, I expect. :twisted:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    if it bothers you just peel off and say your turn to do a stint on the front mate.

Its a lot easier tahn bottling it up and moaning on here.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Aggieboy
    t4tomo wrote:
    if it bothers you just peel off and say your turn to do a stint on the front mate.

Its a lot easier tahn bottling it up and moaning on here.

No it isn't. This is Cake Stop, we like moaning here.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Exacty -

You can move over and wave through...
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242

I blame Sportives...

Yeh, I heard Cadel was back on the road again. :lol:
  • Chip \'oyler
    Ron Stuart wrote:

I blame Sportives...

Yeh, I heard Cadel was back on the road again. :lol:

Nah this one looked more like Pozzato!

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Is there a better expression or term for wheel sucking? It sounds, so, American!

Excuse my ignorance, but is wheel sucking different from "drafting"?
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • nakita222
    nakita222 Posts: 341
    no, they are the same thing, but wheelsucking is the illegal version, where you don't come through and take a turn. Sadly, Wiggle's officer are on strike and therefore do not police the streets, so the people who commit this crime do not get punished
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228

Well bumsucker seems to have gone right out of fashion, since I was younger, maybe it can be used in a more PC way. Nobody would like to be called it, so would take their turn at the front. Or maybe not. :?
  • Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727

Sprocket counting?

Buttock checking?
  • SpiCan
    SpiCan Posts: 31
    "sucer du roue"

Bit more class in French.

"succhiare ruota"

Italien

:)

Time VXS, Spi Roubaix Elite, Cannondale Caffeine F2,
    S Works Stumpjumper fsr, Dahon folding.