Cycling jersey issue

Jordan93
Jordan93 Posts: 336
edited May 2011 in Road beginners
When I'm out on the bike I find that my jersey rides up my back which is rather annoying. It has an elasticated waist but this doesnt seem to stop the problem. Is there anyway to solve this?

Comments

• forehead
    forehead Posts: 180
    Fill your pockets up :)
    Cube - Peloton
    Cannondale - CAAD10
  • Jordan93
    I dont like my pockets full though :lol:
  • Phil_D
    Phil_D Posts: 467
    A safety pin
  • shane r
    shane r Posts: 326
    Bib shorts, then it just doesn't matter and you won't even notice.
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Do you get the same problem with all jerseys? I find that the cut and fit vary a lot and I often have to forego buying a particular item of clothing because my shape does not match the tailor's dummy. Some tops (like Castelli/Cervelo Test Team) can look really wierd when one stand's up to try them on, but lean forward and it all slips into place, which is evidence of a really well cut top made for cycling.

A well made jersey (such as Castelli or Santini) will also have a rim of silicon which, along with the right size and a top that is designed for cycling, should stop the problem.
  • screebs
    screebs Posts: 178
    shane r wrote:

+1 - Bib shorts are just the best, i don't think i could go back to riding with normal shorts again. :lol:
    Me struggling up Mont Ventoux for the first time! Done it 3 times since (each way up) without stopping. This seems like a lifetime ago! http://img208.imageshack.us/i/snapshot2 ... 45552.tif/
  • screebs wrote:
    shane r wrote:

+1 - Bib shorts are just the best, i don't think i could go back to riding with normal shorts again. :lol:

+2 - Just took delivery of my second pair of Castelli bibshorts. They are the dogs danglies & more comfortable than my regular cycling shorts
  • Jordan93
    I wear bib shorts but this seems to make the shirt slide up more due to less friction. The jersey I wear is a Vermarc jersey but for some reason doesnt have a silicon strip just an elasticated waist.
  • weii
    weii Posts: 23
    i say, wear a normal sport shorts over cycle pants, which if i was wearing the long cycle pant will make me look like superman pants, but back to the points, you tie up your sport short s and tuck in your jersey and it is problem solved.
  • The Jack
    The Jack Posts: 52
    By a bigger size. Generally cycling jerseys seem to be made for stick insects.
    "Wo ist mein Fahrrad?"

-Ralf Hutter of Kraftwerk waking up from a coma after a crashing with his bicycle-
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Maybe the cut of the Vermarc jersey doesn't suit you? I have a Vermarc one (Bike Religion) without the silicon at the waist and have had no problems whatsoever.

Cycling gear is very rider specific - what works for one won't necessarily work for the other.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/