Canyon XC 8.0

Fudgie
Fudgie Posts: 68
edited April 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Just arrived yesterday afternoon, three weeks after ordering (delayed a few days with UPS due to Easter). Superb quality and beautifully prepared. It took half an hour to put the wheels and bars in and set it up. Then it was ready to ride and needed virtually no adjustment. It feels lighter than my hardtail but the figures say it's the same weight.

They didn't charge my card until it had arrived. Nice touch, that.

canyon800.jpg

Just noticed the back wheel's upside down. I think I can fix that :wink:
Canyon Nerve XC 8.0 2011

Comments

• ed_arnold
    ed_arnold Posts: 65
    Very, very nice!!
  • topmoxy
    topmoxy Posts: 138
    nice bike, did you take the recommended size ? i usually ride a medium on most bikes but the website is recommending a size small. not sure which to opt for, dont like feeling cramped on a bike. i know they do 30 day money back or exchange but dont want to be returning a new bike and waiting for replacement. cheers moxy
  • booyaka
    booyaka Posts: 263
    lovely
  • Fudgie
    topmoxy wrote:
    nice bike, did you take the recommended size ?
    I've only got little legs so I always have Small. When I tried to order the bike the website insisted on me entering my height and inside leg and then said that I was an odd size and wouldn't process the order. I kept increasing my inside leg measurement until it accepted the order!

The confirmation email then said to check my measurements as I needed a Medium. I ignored that as I'd had to enter a false size, stuck with Small and it's perfect.

I'm not that odd. Inside leg 31", height 5'8". Oh maybe I am. The small frame only gives me 1-2" standover and the reach feels right. I couldn't have had a Medium - I reckon I'm about minimum size for one of these. My Whyte is about the same, though. Most people on the forum who've bought a Canyon say that the sizing check works out right.
    Canyon Nerve XC 8.0 2011
  • Nice looking bike that.

Tidy motor too.

Although where do you put the bike :shock:

Lawn needs feeding too.

:lol:
  • Fudgie
    Lawn needs feeding too.
    :lol: Sod the lawn - I've got bikes to ride!

That's the dragon's car - nothing to do with me, I just pay for it. The bike goes in my hatchbacky thing :lol:
    Canyon Nerve XC 8.0 2011
  • topmoxy
    topmoxy Posts: 138
    cheers for that, looks like i will take their advice and get a small then.