2011 Boardman FS Team (updated pics added)

Rich9
Rich9 Posts: 1,635
edited June 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Finally after much-ado with our friends at Halfords, I picked it up today. Apparently its not even officially out on sale until sometime in May. Been out for a quick blast and all seems good, bar a few minor set-up tweaks. Already changed pedals to Acid Green V8's and the seat pin to a Hope QR seat clamp
BoardmanFSTeam01.jpg
BoardmanFSTeam02.jpg
BoardmanFSTeam05.jpg

Spec lifted from Boardman website as follows:

Size: Medium
Colour: Metallic Storm Grey
Frame: Lightweight alloy triple butted 130mm linkage design with full smooth welding

Fork: Rock Shox Sector TK, 130mm, 15mm axle, tapered steerer, adjustable damping, lock out
Rear Shock: Rock Shox Monarch R

Shifters: SRAM X7 2x10 speed
Front Mech: SRAM X7 2x10
Rear Mech: SRAM X7 10 speed
Brakes: Avid Elixir 3
Chainset: FSA Comet 2x10 42x27T
Cassette: SRAM PG1050
Chain: KMC X10
Bottom Bracket: FSA Mega Exo

Rims: Mavic XM317
Hubs: Formula Disc
Tyres: Continental MTN King 2.2

Handlebars: cboardman
Stem: cboardman (got an Easton Vice tucked away for when I get some bars to match)
Headset: FSA integrated
Seatpost: cboardman
Saddle: cboardman
Pedals: DMR V8's Acid Green
Computer: Cateye Velo Wireless

Supposedly weighs in at 29.5lb. Does seem a tad lighter than my old Cube HT
2014 Whyte T-129S

Comments

• 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    What's the ride position like? I love my team fs but it's not something I pick out when I'm planning on heading downhill at all.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    i love the new boardmans, sweet bike
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Rich9
    riding position isnt too bad. Managed a set of steps in the woods without issue. Stem is a tad high though, but will be soon fettled by moving a couple of the spacers, and I think I might try moving the bars a bit further forward too.

Only had 1/2 hour out tonight but it flies. 2x10 set up feels nice but SRAM shifters will take some getting used to, with the down shift being a click in the other direction
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • 97th choice
    Hate your pedals BTW. :wink:

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Rich9
    Hate your pedals BTW. :wink:

Mmm, I think white might have been a better choice!
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    Looks really nice, Wonder ow the large side would suit me...
  • they look more sexy in your pics than others ive seen :) were still awaiting for that one at work. headoffice are shrugging shoulders saying there are none about to send to our store which sucks :( how does it ride or different terrain ?
    i once man handled a flame thrower
  • Rich9
    I got lucky I guess in managing to get one. I bought the shop bike only to find it had a dent in the frame. Halfords were then obliged to replace it. I had to wait a couple if weeks fir a replacement. Apparently halfords HQ had about 10 stashed away.

I've only ridden it for about a mile but seems decent. Smooth on road and tackling woodland steps and tree roots with ease. Going out tomorrow for a better go
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Nice bike mate, I quite like the pedals and the paint will wear off in time anyway
  • heez29
    heez29 Posts: 612
    Wankleburr wrote:
    they look more sexy in your pics than others ive seen :) were still awaiting for that one at work. headoffice are shrugging shoulders saying there are none about to send to our store which sucks :( how does it ride or different terrain ?

Our store has a few...
  • Rich9
    Did a few miles on the local trails this afternoon, and I have to say it rides pretty sweet. Feels light, fast and agile. Quite impressed with the Mountain Kings. Roll well and handle everythng I chucked at them. Trails were very dry and dusty though.
    However, I find the cable routing a bit of a pain. They run under the downtube leaving no room for my Crudcatcher
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Rich9
    Oh.. and the 2x10 drivetrain is spot on.
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • j96_2
    j96_2 Posts: 188
    This is really nice, been looking at em myself but, how'd you get it so soon? wasnt supposed to be coming out til this month? :P
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Rich9 wrote:
    I find the cable routing a bit of a pain. They run under the downtube leaving no room for my Crudcatcher

Really? The cabling runs under my stumpy but still get a crudcatcher on without problems, the crud has that nice indent in the centre for it.

Bike looks real nice, I was looking at the FS's in Halfords last night, look real good. Ordered a Boardman Pro HT after a test in the shop, the spec for the money is amazing and they look so good.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    Rich9 wrote:
    Did a few miles on the local trails this afternoon, and I have to say it rides pretty sweet. Feels light, fast and agile. Quite impressed with the Mountain Kings. Roll well and handle everythng I chucked at them. Trails were very dry and dusty though.
    However, I find the cable routing a bit of a pain. They run under the downtube leaving no room for my Crudcatcher

Buy a MuckyNutz Bender Fender.

That cable routing drives me nuts on my Fury. Gear cables keep getting wedged in between the crown and the bottom cup.
  • chrisjnr19
    chrisjnr19 Posts: 231
    MMMMMM SWEET,
    I wasn't so sure about the new boardmans, but I reckon this has convinced me... :)
    (tbh, I''m still good with the old ones though, as you can see ^^ :P)
    I think what is needed now is a blingy set of tyres, and some lovely green RaceFace Strafe grips...
  • Rich9
    j96_2 wrote:
    This is really nice, been looking at em myself but, how'd you get it so soon? wasnt supposed to be coming out til this month? :P

long story. Been bugging my local Halfords to try and get me one, without success, so called into Huddersfield branch on the off chance. They had one on display! Said I'd have it there and then (voucher was in the car outside). Mechanic set it all up for me and I took it. Got it home and then noticed a dent in top tube!! :x took it straight back, but was told 6-10 weeks for another.... After huffing and puffing and finding out the Halfords HQ had 10 stashed away the agreed to get me a replacement the following week. It didnt tun up, but appeared the week after. I think a few places are starting to get them now. It needs to go back though as front brake is not very good, reckon it needs bleeding
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • 97th choice
    Halfords in Belfast has one in, looks nice. The frame is sweet. Badly set up as usual though.

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Rich9
    Halfords in Belfast has one in, looks nice. The frame is sweet. Badly set up as usual though.

Mmm. I need to take mine back. Front brake is dreadful, and there seems to be some play in the forks stanchions. Nice bike but not having a great time with Halfords TBH
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • chrisga
    chrisga Posts: 587
    Looks very smart! Think this will be the best selling bike of the year if Halfords get their shit together.
  • kaytronika
    kaytronika Posts: 580
    Agreed, looks awesome.
    I even like the pedals.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • Rich9
    chrisga wrote:
    Looks very smart! Think this will be the best selling bike of the year if Halfords get their shoot together.

Just remember who was here first :wink:
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Rich9
    Just ordered these
    !Bno20,w!2k~$(KGrHqYOKjIEtld+u!qiBLkT2ug((Q~~_35.JPG

Wouldnt want to be out done by Liilywhite :wink:
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Very cool :)

Had a good few looks at the FS!
  • Rich9
    New bits added- Cateye Velo and Bender Fender, and a Bonty bottle cage
    40494fc2.jpg
    d3e46d00.jpg
    And finally got it mucky this aft :D
    d290b14a.jpg
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Rich9
    Got a parcel from Superstar at the weekend; expected it to be some nice lime green grips, but the jiffy bag looked a little flat. Opened it up to reveal a pair of red brake pads and some Haribo for some guy who lives in Stornaway :?
    So I ate the spice, sent them a rather nice email and sent them back on Monday.
    But still no grips as yet :(
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • j96_2
    j96_2 Posts: 188
    Halfords are lame! I got my vengeance from the one in york and they were fine, the bike was set up perfect but my mate bought a kraken from the store in pontefract and the service was dreadful and the bike wasnt set up well whatsoever! There were some cable clips missing, the guy couldn't be bothered to put any on so he said 'just put a cable tie on'. The gear cables weren't connected. They took it off display, and instead of fitting new pedals, they took a pair off a gt agressor that was on display and fitted them! sometimes they are dire!
  • Rich9
    Updates - Superstar lock-ons and Nobby Nic 2.25s added
    BoardmanFSTeam11.jpg
    BoardmanFSTeam12.jpg
    Just need to find time to ride the damn thing!
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • chrisjnr19
    chrisjnr19 Posts: 231
    Could I ask, where you got your Nics from?
    and how much they were :P
  • Rich9
    chrisjnr19 wrote:
    Could I ask, where you got your Nics from?
    and how much they were :P

On-One. £23.50 each :)
    2014 Whyte T-129S