Contador (again)

bearfraser
bearfraser Posts: 435
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
Guilty or not ??? they are finally going to descide just before theT.D.F??????????? :?:

Comments

• forehead
    forehead Posts: 180
    Not guilty. let the man ride, or ban everyone.
    Cube - Peloton
    Cannondale - CAAD10
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    Forehead wrote:

Why ban everyone?
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • peterst6906
    peterst6906 Posts: 530
    June is the likely month for CAS to rule.

Ban him for stupidity in getting caught and ban the Schlecks for just being stupid.
  • forehead
    Forehead wrote:

Why ban everyone?

I guess what i meant was that professional cycling should just be allowed to fade away as a sport (for the record I DO NOT want this to happen at all), if, when such a small amount of banned substance is found in a rider, it gets dragged through the media for a year, tarnishing the sport and making it look bad.

It's happened this time and I'm sure it'll happen again.

I think he's innocent and did not knowingly attempt to cheat in his sport.

If he'd had gallons of the stuff coursing through his veins then fine, ban him and let the rest get on. But he didn't.

Sorry, I know I'm new but just wanted to put my 2p worth out there.
    Cube - Peloton
    Cannondale - CAAD10
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    bearfraser wrote:
    Guilty or not ??? they are finally going to descide just before theT.D.F??????????? :?:

I enjoy the TDF, but take the GC with a pinch of salt.
  • 15peter20
    15peter20 Posts: 293
    Forehead wrote:
    Forehead wrote:

I think he's innocent and did not knowingly attempt to cheat in his sport.

ppffftttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the words 'smell', 'coffee', 'wake', 'and', 'the' and 'up' spring to mind.
  • Stick8267
    Stick8267 Posts: 154
    Clenbuterol is used as a training aid not a performance enhancer during racing so he would never have high levels in his system when racing and definitely going to be tested. It would have been used in the off season to lose weight and gain muscle performance.

They also found plastics in his blood that he claimed came from boil in the bag vegetables he had with the allegedly tainted beef. However, these plastics have been shown to come from the inside of intravenous infusion bags, it's just that WADA have not been able to explicitly make the connection and define acceptable levels so they are not a banned substance.

Good theory? He used clenbuterol in off season and had blood collected which he used as an autologous transfusion during the TDF thereby putting trace plastics and drug in his system.

No I don't have any proof, it's a theory, but I think the man is a cheat and should, like all drug cheats, be banned for life.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Hmmm, he's dodged links to Puerto, ridden with a number of teams which many believe to be dirty and has now been found with a banned substance and plasticisers in his blood...

Let's be honest, if you were asked to pick a cyclist who was definitely dope free, it probably wouldn't be him...
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Jez mon wrote:
    Hmmm, he's dodged links to Puerto, ridden with a number of teams which many believe to be dirty and has now been found with a banned substance and plasticisers in his blood...

Let's be honest, if you were asked to pick a cyclist who was definitely dope free, it probably wouldn't be him...

Who would you pick?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:

Who would you pick?

Me 8)
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    +1 for Colin 8)
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:

Who would you pick?
    Cav, Wiggo, Ger etc etc
  • forehead
    Aye, I'd like to think that the Brittish riders aren't cheating.
    Cube - Peloton
    Cannondale - CAAD10
  • Forehead wrote:
    Wot, like David Millar didn't cheat.....or Dan Staite.... :wink:

To be fair, cases of UK cyclists being caught for doping offences are few and far between.
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • forehead
    Forehead wrote:

To be fair, cases of UK cyclists being caught for doping offences are few and far between.

Good point, well made. :lol:
    Cube - Peloton
    Cannondale - CAAD10
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Just popped in to make sure this is Cake Stop. Thought I was in Pro Race for a minute. Phew!!
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Forehead wrote:

For a long time, top level Britsh cyclists were few and far between. For years Millar was the only one of note. and he got caught...

Of course, in the past few years, more and more British cyclists have been doing well and getting rides in the big races.

Now, a rather nice conclusion would be that, as the peleton has got cleaner, good honest British cyclists have been able to shine!
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live