new race bike

reddevilcuberider
reddevilcuberider Posts: 41
edited April 2011 in Road buying advice
Need new bike to race urgent, crashed mine yesterday and wrote it off.
was looking at caad 10 105s, moda tempest ultegra, and cube agree sl ultegra. has anyone any experience with any of these.

Comments

• cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    how much of the bike is reusable?
    budget?
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • taimur
    taimur Posts: 173
    i was going for the CAAD10 105 but ended up buying the 2010 Cube Agree SL at half the price.

I have nothing but praises for it and i get the same from anyone who has seen or taken it for a ride.

my decision was purely influenced by howmych i was getting for my money. FULL Ultegra Easton carbon fork, decent easton wheels, Syntace seatpost, handle and stem and an aggressive frame.
    The bike weighs 8.3Kg with my old MTB paddles.

Would i buy it again? YES i sure would!
    Would i buy it over the CAAD10 yes i probably would! i have no complains after doing 3k kms in four months on the agree sl.
    1996 Cannondale M500 CAAD3 (Hardtail MTB)
    2007 Cannondale F700 CAAD
    2010 Cube Agree SL (Road, retired)
    2011 Cube Litening Super HPC DI2 Frame, with Ultegra Di2 Components
  • The frame and forks are smashed up but the ultegra components seem ok. The bike was cube gtc pro.
    I had applied for a cycle to work voucher and by chance it arrived last week so I should have a budjet of £1600.
    That's good to know about the cube sl it def seems like a lot of bike for the money. Lots of good reports about the caad as a race machine even with lower spec. Decisions!
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    ctw writes off my buy a chinesse frame and put the parts on. Maybe a ribble stealth f&f and a nice set of wheels with your old parts
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • Think I've got a frame sorted but still got this ctw voucher to spend.
    Those Chinese frames and wheels seem to b the way forward for value for money.