Saris Bones onto an old Renault Megane Coupe?

mcj78
mcj78 Posts: 634
edited April 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,

Meant to be going for a quick blast around with one of my mates tonight - planning on taking his old Megane coupe with his bike in the back seat (Lapierre spicy - won't fit on rack, or in my car) & mine on the rack - anyone had any problems mounting a bones onto a Megane Coupe? Never tried it on his car before & don't want to dig out all my gear only to find out it won't fit - it's got a weird small boot-lid even worse than my Prelude!

Cheers in advance!
John
Moda Issimo
Genesis Volare 853
Charge Filter Apex

Comments

• andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    i don't think it will fit due to the shape of the rack, i may be wrong though
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    You weren't far wrong there mate! After much re-arranging of the legs we somehow managed to (just) get the top rubber feet sitting on the boot-lid (it's only about 6 inches wide & mostly obscured by the spoiler) but it was still half on the bottom of the back window, with the bottom feet resting just below the reg. plate. The straps went on fine & we tightened them up as much as possible to eliminate any movement, not exactly ideal, however once on it seemed pretty secure - I wouldn't recommend carrying more than one bike if anyone else is thinking of trying this though, in fact if I do this again i'll probably take the wheels off to further reduce the weight supported by the rack given the contact with the rear window.

j
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex