racing in France

benp123
benp123 Posts: 13
edited April 2011 in Amateur race
I am going over to Brittany in August this year and wanted to chance my hand at some 3rd cat races over there if possible. However I cannot seem to find any races on in the Departement where I am planning to go and they seem to completely dry up after May.

I am using the following website:

www.ffc.fr/

Going to Routes, Calendrier and searching for anything in Departement 29 - Finistere which are Regional. From now to the middle of May there is 13 races on in this region alone. If I do the same search in July there are zero, likewise August and there is 1 in June.

I don't understand this. Does amateur racing stop in France after May? If anyone has any experience of 2/3 cat racing in France please let me know.

Comments

• ozzzyosborn206
    ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    i did a bit over there last year and didn't find the website very useful, we just looked in the local paper which gave a list of nearby races. I imagine if anything there is more races after may than before just maybe not put onto the website yet
  • benp123
    benp123 Posts: 13
    Thanks. It must then be that the website doesn't list out the races for the entire year like our own BC does.
    I will just wait and see if the races start to appear over time.
  • ozzzyosborn206
    ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    just so you know they don't have elites over there so there 2nd are basically like our 1st but probably better