Rockshox Recon problem

jwindeatt
jwindeatt Posts: 50
edited April 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I serviced my recons changing the seals and fluid using the instructions from the SRAM website. Previous to the service I only needed 75 PSi to get the correct sag. Now I need 100 psi to get the correct sag. When I put the normal 75 psi in and I ride the bike the fork feels soft and it uses half its travel just by sitting on it. Also when the fork is locked out there is about 10 mm of movement which wasn't there before the service! What have I done wrong?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    which Recon?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • jwindeatt
    Sorry They are recon race 100mm :oops:
  • jwindeatt
    Ok I stripped the forks again and it looks like I may have blown a seal. Perils of inflating the forks with shop air at work! Put new seals on and filled with new fluid and inflated to 75 psi with my shock pump this time and so far so good. Fine on the ride home through the woods. getting the normal 30mm sag now although they still move 10 mm when locked out which they didn't before. Anyone know why this would be?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    They are supposed to move a bit when locked out.
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    Mine move a small amount when locked out I think its the motion control bit which with come into effect if you hit a bit bump when locked out
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport