Llandegla Black

theshrew
theshrew Posts: 169
edited April 2011 in Routes
Thanks to someones post a few weeks ago on here i found out where the new black run splits off on Sunday.

Is it possible to go back up so you can do both runs ?

Only our 2nd time there or any trails centre. We loved it met some real nice people :D

Comments

• dan shard
    dan shard Posts: 722
    Yes.

Download the map and it will show you the fire road back to the top
  • theshrew
    Cheers bud :D
  • dan shard
    Ive never done it yet but Ive asked the same question :lol:
  • theshrew
    If it means more hills i think my legs might need to get more used to it first :oops:

Would love to do it in the future
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    theshrew wrote:
    If it means more hills i think my legs might need to get more used to it first :oops:

I normally ride the Red but always put off riding the black because of the distance but went to get some miles in the legs yesterday after injury so just local XC riding but managed 45km to say i was gobsmacked was an understatement. Gonna head out again at the weekend with a gym session tomorrow i'll be hitting the Black section in no time :D
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    theshrew wrote:

Hang on, hang on hang on...
    You ride DOWN the black section, then you ask if there's a way to loop back to the top. And you're surprised that it may involve a climb?
    Have I understood that correctly?
  • Stuy-b
    Stuy-b Posts: 248
    theshrew wrote:

You ride DOWN the black section, then you ask if there's a way to loop back to the top. And you're surprised that it may involve a climb?

is what i was thinking as well
  • Anonymous
    edited April 2011
    Sadly, MC Escher is no longer around. He could have designed some truly awesome trails :lol:
  • dan shard
    theshrew wrote:

It can be hard work to reach the end when youve looped a section a few times. I often loop jjs jumps numerous times, and then kill myself getting back :lol:
  • theshrew
    theshrew wrote:

No im not supprised it will be a climb ffs. Maybe i was asking for future Ref ? ? ?

Those sections are really nice would love to do both.

Has anyone gone back upto the top ? Whats the climb like ? If its not to bad or goes miles out of the way id do it next time i go.
  • Neily03
    Neily03 Posts: 295
    theshrew wrote:

No im not supprised it will be a climb ffs. Maybe i was asking for future Ref ? ? ?

Those sections are really nice would love to do both.

Has anyone gone back upto the top ? Whats the climb like ? If its not to bad or goes miles out of the way id do it next time i go.

It's easy, I do it all the time, takes less than 10 minutes to get back to the top.
  • Anonymous
    The only tough climb there, is after the black section (not the last one, the one BEFORE JJs jumps) where it rises up again to rejoin the red. If you can do that, you'll have no problem anywhere else there.
    That climb is a bit of a bugger, and is in two or three stages.
  • theshrew
    Is that the one that zig zags back up ?
  • Anonymous
    Yes, it zig zags, then goes along fireroad for a bit, then climbs up again to rejoin the red just after "technicolour berm" or whatever it's called.
  • theshrew
    I have to push up some of that at the moment its a killer. Although i went a lot further up it on Sunday than i did last time. My aim is to go further up each time i go.

After many years of doing sod all its hard work getting my legs going up the hills. :oops:

Why didnt i start doing this when i was younger :cry:
  • Anonymous
    Well, the only way to get better at going up hills is to go up hills. It will get easier each time.
  • dsmiff
    dsmiff Posts: 741
    Nice ride up there today - the lad did the black section twice (old and new - parallel universe) plus the JJ's in about 1 hour 36mins, so yes around 10 mins or so to ride back up and do the first proper black again, alternatively if your feeling energetic the other week we (ok he) did the black, then rode back up offa's dyke to do the black / red section again – that way you are not using any “unauthorised” routes, not sure they would be too impressed to see you cycling back up especially if there is any tree farming going on.
    http://www.youtube.com/dnsmiff
  • Anonymous
    Nonsense. How do you think they get ambulances to injured riders?
  • kaytronika
    kaytronika Posts: 580
    Nonsense. How do you think they get ambulances to injured riders?

You mean they don't drive em up the black routes?
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • theshrew
    Skateboards :D:D
  • dan shard
    theshrew wrote:
    I have to push up some of that at the moment its a killer. Although i went a lot further up it on Sunday than i did last time. My aim is to go further up each time i go.

After many years of doing sod all its hard work getting my legs going up the hills. :oops:

Why didnt i start doing this when i was younger :cry:

They can be tough, I think its split into two section with a nice single track descent in the middle. Ive recently started managing to get up without stopping but it isnt easy. Having said that if you take your time, it can be easier than pushing straight up accross the brambles in my experience