Delivery... RIbble

jonrwg
jonrwg Posts: 39
edited April 2011 in Road beginners
Ordered a s/s jersey from Ribble on 21/4/2011 and pay an additional £3.99 for next day delivery but until today my jersey still haven't arrive. Is it because of easter holiday? When do you think it will arrive and can I claim back my next day delivery charge?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• the_prophet
    the_prophet Posts: 426
    bearing in mind, today is the first non bank holiday day since you placed the order, i'd say it will be with you tommorrow. don't see how you can claim back the difference, its a bank holiday and people would usually be aware no deliveries would be made. i'd say its for you to take on the chin to be honest.
  • jonrwg
    Well, hope I receive it tomorrow. I got no problem with my bib short with the order being dispatch on the day itself and received it the next day. Too bad I didn't have any parcel number or else I would walk to the depot which is 10min away from my house.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Ah yes the great Ribble next day delivery, except they take 2 or 3 days to process your order :)
  • shane r
    shane r Posts: 326
    Iterestingly, I emailed them to tell them I wanted to order a (carbon frame) bike today. No response. Emailed again to say I was ready to complete the transaction online, just had one question about frame sizing before I ordered.

No response in 4 hours to either email. Therefore have not completed transaction :-(
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    shane r wrote:
    Iterestingly, I emailed them to tell them I wanted to order a (carbon frame) bike today. No response. Emailed again to say I was ready to complete the transaction online, just had one question about frame sizing before I ordered.

No response in 4 hours to either email. Therefore have not completed transaction :-(
    Yes, they passed on an £1100 purchase from me because they couldn't answer the phone or email after several attempts on my part :roll:
  • shane r
    Really odd as they have clearly spent a bomb on a very good website-with bike builder n all that. But what's the point of web/mail order if you won't respond to err... orders?
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • Brommers76
    Brommers76 Posts: 234
    @ shane r - Is it realistic to expect a response to an email within 4 hours? Plus the fact they are probably short staffed as many companies are with loads of people booking holiday over these 3 days.

Personally I would forego instant email and telephone response for their prices and products as I am sure the two are not possible to have together. :(

Really I have no connection to Ribble just surprised at people having very high expectations when it is so easy to find lots of info on their service levels.
  • alfablue
    Brommers, I wouldn't be too worried about 4 hours, 1 day maybe. I tried for over a week to contact them. Yes, the prices may be great but it struck me that if I was having this much trouble trying to give them £1100, then I wouldn't fancy my chances of decent communication after sale if I had any problem! The money went elsewhere and I got similar value but also great pre and post sales service!
  • shane r
    Both, I work in ecommerce and no response within one hour IS worrying, if not business destroying.

But it is now almost 7 hours in still no response.

Also, I had to email to ask as there is not one word of information about the bikes themselves on the website. Nothing to tell you what the difference from one to another is etc. That's why I commented on what the point of a website is, let alone creating a good one.
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    shane r wrote:
    Also, I had to email to ask as there is not one word of information about the bikes themselves on the website. Nothing to tell you what the difference from one to another is etc. That's why I commented on what the point of a website is, let alone creating a good one.

Eh? How about:

Sportive Bianco

A very high quality carbon monocoque frameset using only the best mix of Toray T700/T800 carbon fibre. This frame is equally suitable for sportives or amateur road racing.

It has been designed to the same basic race geometry as the other carbon road frames in our range. The addition of a slightly taller head tube and improved tube shaping provides improved handling, additional comfort and increased torsional stiffness.

- Weight: only 960g! (Size M 52)
    - A mix of Toray T700/T800
    - 1 1/8" Head tube Campag standard 45/45
    - British Bottom Bracket Shell
    - Band on 34.9mm front mech size

plus a geometry chart. How is this "not one word about the bikes themselves"? Ribble may not have the best website in the world but they do at least need the customer to look at it first!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • shane r
    Rolf, seriously, thanks! I couldn't find that anywhere. Now ordered.
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    shane r wrote:
    Rolf, seriously, thanks! I couldn't find that anywhere. Now ordered.

So what button have you pressed? :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Had no bother whatsoever with Ribble every time i used them, as was mentioned you did choose a bank holiday weekend to place your order so no surprise it hasn't arrived yet, i never pay extra for next day delivery, last order i placed was on a thurs evening got my goods following tues, considering despatch don't work weekends i had no complaints with service like that.
  • jonrwg
    update: Just now my jersey this afternoon. Lesson learn, not to pay extra for next day delivery. 8)

Not sure what happen but I've done the same with my bib short and it arrive the next day.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Brommers76 wrote:
    @ shane r - Is it realistic to expect a response to an email within 4 hours? Plus the fact they are probably short staffed as many companies are with loads of people booking holiday over these 3 days.

Personally I would forego instant email and telephone response for their prices and products as I am sure the two are not possible to have together. :(

Really I have no connection to Ribble just surprised at people having very high expectations when it is so easy to find lots of info on their service levels.

This! Surely you deal with Ribble knowing exactly what you'll get. Great products and prices but no fawning customer service.

If you want to fly first class, you don't book Ryanair. If you do book Ryanair, don't be surprised when you don't get fawning service.

As for expecting fast delivery over what is the longest closedown period of the year then you're bust.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    edited April 2011
    The earliest you could have possibly got it was Tuesday anyway, and that's only if you ordered before 2pm.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • Dmak
    Dmak Posts: 445
    I ordered a load of stuff recently from Ribble. It arrived promptly and really well packed. Their prices are ace.
  • alfablue
    morstar wrote:
    Brommers76 wrote:

This! Surely you deal with Ribble knowing exactly what you'll get. Great products and prices but no fawning customer service.

If you want to fly first class, you don't book Ryanair. If you do book Ryanair, don't be surprised when you don't get fawning service.

As for expecting fast delivery over what is the longest closedown period of the year then you're bust.
    My experience of Ribble was a bit like trying for a week to book a Ryanair flight costing £1100 with Ryanair completely ignoring me! :lol: Certainly wasn't fawned!