This Easter I ...

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited April 2011 in Commuting chat
Gained 7lbs. :shock:
Picked up an amazing tan on one side of my body (must remember to include more riding away from the sun).
Ate more BBQ'd food than should be humanly possible.
Drank so many beers it's going to require several trips to the bottle bank under the cover of dark.
Met up with lots of friends for lunch/dinner parties.
Rode my MTB = totally lost in the forest.
Spent very little money somehow!

but my favourate one has to be slept (passed out) in a funny position resulting in a fooked neck & shoulder :cry:

I need a holiday :lol:
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• itboffin wrote:
    but my favourate one has to be slept (passed out) in a funny position resulting in a fooked neck & shoulder :cry:

Glad to hear that you were able to have some "special time" in your dungeon. :twisted:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • lost 1kg :)
    rode 80miles (sadly not all in one go, but getting there...)
    did get a light tan (SF20 liberally applied)
    did get a little dehydrated on Friday when I ran out of water
    feel energised for the week ahead and the next bank holiday weekend to repeat it all... :)
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • itboffin
    Greg66 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Glad to hear that you were able to have some "special time" in your dungeon. :twisted:

How odd you should mention that, the very same subject was discuss in some detail at last nights dinner party :wink:

Gotta love townies in the country :roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Some utter pr**k must have washed their bike as it looks like it's gonna piss down any minute :evil:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Have ate my body weight in red meat

Also went to Mum's for lunch on Easter Monday....on the bike - 52miles
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    itboffin wrote:
    Some utter pr**k must have washed their bike as it looks like it's gonna wee-wee down any minute :evil:

Nah the rain gods have moved on from bike washing to those who gloat about sun, beer and burgers. :lol:

In answer to the thread:

Day out in the peaks.
    55 miles of hill practice in the pennines
    broke the hour for 3 lap challenge
    multiple bbqs and beers to try and make some ground on ITB
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Some utter pr**k must have washed their bike as it looks like it's gonna wee-wee down any minute :evil:

Nah the rain gods have moved on from bike washing to those who gloat about sun, beer and burgers. :lol:

It is possible to have too many BBQs - I know i'm at that point
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    This Easter I went out on my bike twice (no great distance, about 60 miles in all), and took in a village cricket match yesterday (Wray, where the scarecrows are). I also completed Portal 2, which was good, but too short for the price.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • itboffin
    I also found a route from my house to the New Forest avoiding any majors roads and traffic, a bit lumpy though :?

I took great pleasure in blasting sections of the Magnificat route at a steady 21mph avg, I even managed one split at 24mph 8) partly motivated by the cyclist ahead and running late to meet family & friends.

Totally spent by the end, had to drink two cans of coke and eat two pasties before the head ache went away - was very hot that day :?
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    this easter i.....spent all weekend from thursday til last night in Welsh Wales near Harlech without my bike, quite sad but i missed not having my bike an 4 days from riding an my legs were like lead this morning

IMG_0303.jpg

damn crappy ipod camera!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Demolished my day mileage record. Off at 4pm Friday, Pompey-London (Victoria and then HPC) with three others in five hours rolling time, then down to Bognor on the FNRttC. Leisurely breakfast on the sea front, then a pootle back home. 168.6 miles all in.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • StuAff wrote:
    Demolished my day mileage record. Off at 4pm Friday, Pompey-London (Victoria and then HPC) with three others in five hours rolling time, then down to Bognor on the FNRttC. Leisurely breakfast on the sea front, then a pootle back home. 168.6 miles all in.
    I just googled FNRttC :shock: I dont thnk I'll ever have the legs for that! I'm suitably humbled and in awe...
  • stuaff
    StuAff wrote:
    I just googled FNRttC :shock: I dont thnk I'll ever have the legs for that! I'm suitably humbled and in awe...

That's not very optimistic.....FNRs are pretty straightforward- no-one gets left behind, the pace is gentle. Check out the many threads on CycleChat & YACF. The four of us were bombing along quite nicely going north, but that was a different story!
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • StuAff wrote:

That's not very optimistic.....!
    I meant the whole thing... but I have no illusions about my capabilities... I aspire to 60+miles (in one go) this year... maybe 80!
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    StuAff wrote:

I was also on FNRttc, clocked up a new day record having got to 88 miles by the time I got home. Rest of weekend was sleeping, drinking and rugby.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Had two lovely curries (on different days) and a few Kingfisher's). Having finished my curry, rice, nan and chips and seeing my cycling buddy's half finished meal, I realised why he's a stone lighter than me.

Got around the Dragon Ride Grand Fondo route yesterday, we went off course once or twice but got all the climbs in.

Chapeau StuAff - my legs were shutting down after 120 odd miles.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    I rode a bike with no wheels :shock:
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Friday up @ Evans sorting out my g/f's new hybrid :) Slowly getting her more into cycling and this should see her out on the trails a bit as well as commuting.

Sunday went to Bedgebury & after Go Ape with the kids, tackled their singletrack. Unfortunately after 3 hours swinging around in trees and not enough food during the day (Cafe stopped serving) there was a distinct lack of energy :( I was getting towards the end and my chain snapped to compound it all :evil: Had to push it back but the great lads in the bike shop had a link so was able to cycle back to the car! Definitely one I'll be going back to, only an hour from me and a nice course :)
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    ...dropped under 95kg for the first time since probably my early teens
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • I rode my bike, ate charcoaled burgers and drank booze.

I hope to have a groundhog moment this coming weekend. :D
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Did my fastest ever circuit of East Keswick-Wetherby-Spofforth-Harrogate-Harewood-East Keswick.

A cool (well, rather hot tbh) 23.3 miles in 1 hour 17 minutes and 28 seconds. Pleased with that. :D
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    Started re-spraying my MTB. It would be finished (its now bright red) but I decided it would look better with writing on it. What a finicky job it is cutting out the outline of letters from sticky-backed plastic :evil:
    BBQ of course.
    Sun-burnt head from sitting cleaning bike bits in the sun :(
  • stuaff
    Benno68 wrote:
    Had two lovely curries (on different days) and a few Kingfisher's). Having finished my curry, rice, nan and chips and seeing my cycling buddy's half finished meal, I realised why he's a stone lighter than me.

Got around the Dragon Ride Grand Fondo route yesterday, we went off course once or twice but got all the climbs in.

Chapeau StuAff - my legs were shutting down after 120 odd miles.

Thanks. Somewhat less climbing for me I think, and there were plenty of stops so I think you were working a bit harder than me. Sitting in the sun for a couple of hours having a fry-up and several bits of cake is a surprisingly effective recovery aid :)
  • stuaff
    Sketchley wrote:
    StuAff wrote:

I was also on FNRttc, clocked up a new day record having got to 88 miles by the time I got home. Rest of weekend was sleeping, drinking and rugby.

Indeed you were. Nice one, and congrats on getting into the C+ article!
  • stuaff
    StuAff wrote:

That's not very optimistic.....!
    I meant the whole thing... but I have no illusions about my capabilities... I aspire to 60+miles (in one go) this year... maybe 80!

Once you get to 30-50 milers, it's surprisingly easy to ramp up the mileage. Up to the end of 2007, longest mileage I'd done in a day was 40 or so. 59 miles on the day of the 2008 IOW Randonnee left me aching for a couple of days. It's got much, much easier :)
    FNRs are about the easiest way to knock out 60 or 70 miles. We've had people who've never ridden more than 20 in one go before, on all sorts of bikes, and they've all made it.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Rode a brisk 40 miles in the Sussex Weald. Drank much ale at my favourite pub in the whole wide world, and eat lots of my Mum's food.
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    Didn't cycle at all - went sailing for 6 days, barbecued loads, quaffed bubbly by the bottle, and soaked up the sun as well as a factor 50 protected Celt can !

5657661573_b5e874812b_m.jpg
    Misguided Idealist
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    StuAff wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    StuAff wrote:

Indeed you were. Nice one, and congrats on getting into the C+ article!

Thanks, not seen it yet though!

Must go and get a copy.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5