One of them days....

Phillw454
Phillw454 Posts: 101
edited April 2011 in MTB general
So iv been off the bike for a week, just too much work no play.

I make a choice to make a good effort this week and hit some big things and step up. Enter family BBQ, playing around with my 16 yr old nephew, 1v1 rugby match. Enter me giving him a hand off, he slips it and jumps clean into my ribs. Click. 1 cracked rib and I doubt I can get on the bike for anything more then XC for a good week.

Who said family BBQ's are all fun and games. Thats what nice weather brings :(

Comments

• Cog Head
    Cog Head Posts: 53
    well... that serves you right for enjoying yourself :wink:

if i where me, id be very gingerly riding my bike on the road with a severly dropped seat post and raise the bars a bit. im one of those people who go slightly mantle and annoy everyone if i stay still for too long!
  • Phillw454
    Yeah might just set the sus to fully soft mode and go road riding lol. I feel ok Sat up, but I know as soon as I dare lift the bike or chuck it into a berm I'll end up facing backwards and feeling a bit silly.

I guess with this nice weather it's at least a great excuse for a few more burgers and maybe or or 2 more cans of the fun stuff.
  • Cog Head
    Cog Head Posts: 53
    well. personally, id make it an excuse to go a steady ride to a few pubs, burn each pint off as you go!
    take it easy and all that, and if it gets too much just stop at a pub and have a few more whilst you wait for a taxi... win win win!
  • Phillw454
    I like your attitude! If I can't ride it a quick beer will numb the pain, 1 mile till the next pub!
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    If your rib is cracked (as in fractured), be careful about pushing yourself too much as it can be easy to turn that fracture into a break.