They're back!

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited April 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Greenfly. Little feckers. I killed half of them in Wharny with my eyeballs alone today.

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I ate half the greefly population of gateshead in the last two hours of todays ride, i really should have worn safety glasses too because i got one of the b*stards in my contact lens.
  • Greenfly are cnuts, I hope they all get aids worms, really tiny ones.
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    was covered in yorkshire ones today, and i mean covered - all stuck to me black t-shirt and up me nose. got the bastards back tho - stopped and rolled every one between me finger and thumb, pretended they were snot balls and flicked em.
  • supersonic
    I think they were attracted to the orchestra of noises my bike was making today. Every part was joining in!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Greenfly are cnuts, I hope they all get aids worms, really tiny ones.
    You realise what a nightmare world it would be if greenfly carried AIDS? :shock:
    supersonic wrote:
    I think they were attracted to the orchestra of noises my bike was making today. Every part was joining in!
    Lol, I know that feeling. My bike is now silent, apart from my over-zealous limit adjustment on the front mech.
    Turns out the source of the creak were my dropouts being a bit loose! So... er, that was lucky!
  • supersonic
    First the front brake made the 'shing, shing' noise that we all get from time to time. Then the saddle joined in with a creak. Then the BB thought, 'why not?' and started with alsorts of grindy sounds. Finally, the forks squeaked like a mouse was in them. Heat and dust!
  • Anonymous
    Ah, my BB is making a grinding feeling, but luckily, it's mainly quiet.
    (and yeah, I get that little shing shing thing occasionally :lol: )
  • supersonic
    Knackered now though, been a hot day. The ride I did is a 240m climb straight out my front door, doesn't half zap you until those carbs start to flow!
  • Greenfly are cnuts, I hope they all get aids worms, really tiny ones.
    You realise what a nightmare world it would be if greenfly carried AIDS? :shock:

Obviously I was referring to greenfly specific aids worms that do not have the ability to cross species.

And it'd not be a proper ride without the good old shing-shing noise.
  • BikingBob
    BikingBob Posts: 77
    I always thought the "shing-shing" noise only happened on my bike...... why does it only happen occasionally?? :)
    Scott Scale 50 (Custom Spec)
    Scott Genius LT 30
  • Anonymous
    I don't know for certain, but it seems to me to be down to slight play in the wheel bearings. They only have to move a tiny amount in order for the tip of the disc to shift a mm or so. This could happen after the wheel hits a bump, or is leaned into s corner, or well, most things.
    It could also be slight flex in the forks as well, or both.
  • BikingBob
    BikingBob Posts: 77
    Thanks yeehaamcgee..

May be the hubs then, will find out when I get my rear wheel back (in for repairs)

No greenfly here as yet but plenty of pollen!!!! we desperately need some rain to wash it away out here, it has covered everything.... :(
    Scott Scale 50 (Custom Spec)
    Scott Genius LT 30
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I've just squeegeed a load off my train window as the wipers were useless. The window was covered, it was like looking at the world through a pair of black lacey panties
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Anonymous
    I dunno, there's worse things to be doing than looking at the world through black lace panties.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I dunno, they were vanessa feltz's used ones
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp