Ladies group in warwickshire/leics/coventry?

Tedds
Tedds Posts: 6
edited April 2011 in MTB rides
Hi I can't seem to find any female buddies looking to go mountain biking or just trail riding? Is there anyone in the Coventry & Warwickshire or Hinckley / Tamworth area who wants to get out to do some cylcing or mtb on a weekend once a month. The men are far less fearless and just want to go at my own pace. Thinking of setting up a group locally (Nuneaton) via the Womens Cycle Network if anyone fancies being part of that too.

Comments

• Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    Have you tried just joining an MTB group?

As most will have female members anyway :wink:
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    Tedds

Can i suggest you take a look at Rugby Mtb Club, absolutely fantastic bunch to ride with, and there are many female members with a range of abilities. I have't ridden with them for a while due to other commitments, but they are very active, inlcuding non-riding socials and you couldnt as for a more welcoming group.

As a bonus, they are based close to you too :lol:

http://www.rugbymountainbikeclub.co.uk/
  • sassysarah
    sassysarah Posts: 421
    I do empathy ...i use to think the same as you and used to be really intimated by the blokes

I tend to find as long as you up front and tell them your good, bad, slow, fast etc before you start they tend to be fine....but don't keep apologizing that can get really annoying

I have a great bunch of lads i ride with and they never complain about me...if you every fancy coming down to the Wyre Forest for a ride let me know...we have quite a few ladies in our group
    Biking whore of Wyre....rides with anyone!
  • Hi Tedds,

My hubby (Glennpro09) rides MTB and I am a MTB girl too - Nuneaton area. Would you be interested in joining us for a Sunday morning group ride? There are usually around 5-6 of us and we ride from 9am until noon.

PM if interested.

Men do ride at a pace but always wait for slowcoach me lol especially on the technical side (I know my limits)!