Dr Who: New series

Crapaud
Crapaud Posts: 2,483
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
I've booked the time for this tonight. I'm really looking forward to it. The prequal to episode 1 suggests it's going to be creepy.

The girl on the phone, is it the young Amy?
A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill

Comments

• stardude
    stardude Posts: 255
    i cant wait for it to start! i love the modern doctor who.
  • Thanks for the heads up - I had no idea it was starting tonight but the recorder's now set to record the series. :lol:
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    I'm not going to lie.....i'm watching it for Amy Pond!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I missed the xmas one and caught it last week....bit disappointing. cheers for the heads up.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    The xmas ones are always rubbish, but I thought last series was the best one since it came back, so looking forward to tonight.
  • max888
    max888 Posts: 206
    Ollieda wrote:

+1 :D
  • Crapaud
    I thought that the christmas one was OK. The shark let it down though.

I wasn't overly keen on the last series. I got the impression that the stories were written with David Tennant in mind and the new Dr didn't quite fit. Overall it was a bit hit or miss.

I really don't like the new theme tune - it doesn't make my spine tingle like the old one. I thought that they'd changed back to the old one because they've been using it on the trailers on the radio, but they've used the new one for the TV trailers. :?

Anyway, I've got high hopes for this series. I guess I'll find out in 15 mins.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • I enjoyed that epidose (it's like an episode but strangely different). However, the most disturbing thing I saw on TV was when I put the TV on pause...staring back at me was a trailer for yet-another-chef-flogging.

Scroll down and tell me whether you find the image a little bit disturbing. No idea what's she's cooking up, really don't want to know either.

castration+sauce.png
  • Crapaud
    Coq au Vin (and 2 veg)?
  • Crapaud wrote:
    Coq au Vin (and 2 veg)?

Spit or swallow, though? (Personally, it's not going anywhere near my mouth.)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,154
    Ollieda wrote:

Oh, absolutely. She's fantastic. I really need to find out where the Dr Who people hang out in Cardiff.

Karen Gillen - doing for ginger girls* what Dr King did for black people:

karen-gillan-amy-pond-300x225.jpg

*Although personally, my biggest teenage crush was Belinda Carlisle.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Crapaud
    I was going to wait to see the repeat tonight before commenting on the episode as it was quite complex, but it's not on until Friday. :(

Brilliant! Love the new (Roswell?) aliens, love the idea that you immediately forget them when you look away. It raised far more questions than anything else: The Dr seemed to know that he was going to die, so presumably it's part of a plan. He was 100 years older, so we can't have any more regenerations; he has to survive. Why did the alien kill that woman when she'd have forgotten it anyway?

This, with the twisted timeline, will make it difficult to resolve (something Moffat does well). Can't wait for the next episode.

The introduction of his companions as 'the legs, the nose and Mrs Robinson' made me laugh. :D
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    river song is deffo my TMC.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    "Oh, I'm quite the screamer... now there's a spoiler for you." :lol: