bike advice

roberson0606
roberson0606 Posts: 4
edited April 2011 in Road buying advice
I would like some suggestions for a new bike have around £2000 looking for a carbon road bike, I mainly compete in sportive's and social ride of up 80 or so miles. Any suggestions please!

Comments

• ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    Crikey - at that budget the options are almost too vast to list!

The major brands like Specialized and Trek and Cannondale are a good place to start - the Spaecialized Roubaix is a perfect tool for the job.

If you want something a little different, check out the Bianchi CLX, again the geometry is designed for all day riding comfort.

For biggest bang for your buck, you could also check out the Boardman range - the top of the range Pro Carbon would still leave you around £200 change. They have an elite range due soon I think which look awesome (a little Cervelo S series IMO), but no prices yet.

There is also the Ribble option - for your budget you could spec a Deda frameset or similar with a near top-end groupset and wheels. For me though, this would be a lot to spend on a Ribble when there are so many good alternatives.

Have you considered second hand? You could pick up something awesome second hand with that budget!
  • Kiwi_rich
    Kiwi_rich Posts: 68
    See cycling plus's bike of the year review - they tested about 20 different bikes at that price point and short listed 5. The top bike was the Storck scenario.

I think it was out a couple of months ago - you'll probably find most of the bike reviews on here.