Seat won't stay put on GT Agressor

rodofgod76
rodofgod76 Posts: 31
edited April 2011 in MTB beginners
Hi all. I bought an Agressor XC2 a few weeks ago, and have noticed that the seat keeps sliding backwards in it's clamp no matter how hard I tighten the bolt on top of the seat post. I did a 28 mile ride this morning and it slid back as far as it could go in that period. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or more likely is it just a poor clamp/seatpost? I am heavy though (17.5stone) which clearly plays a massive part in it. Would a new and better seatpost improve things? Is so which one?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you cant be tightening it up correctly.

but take it back to the shop and get them to check it out.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I literally can't get anymore purchase on the bolt when I tighten it though. I guess I will take it back though as it's still not had it's "six week check up".
  • Wilbur97
    Wilbur97 Posts: 3
    Had the same problem with my xc2 about a month ago. I went back to Halfords and explained the situation and they replaced it. They also had an xc3 in with exactly the same problem. Seem to be a bit of a design flaw.
  • Wilbur97 wrote:
    Had the same problem with my xc2 about a month ago. I went back to Halfords and explained the situation and they replaced it. They also had an xc3 in with exactly the same problem. Seem to be a bit of a design flaw.

Cheers for that! :wink: What about the new one though? Does that suffer from the problem?
  • Wilbur97
    Wilbur97 Posts: 3
    Haven't had the problem since they replaced it. The new one has a better, more substantial clamp fitted.
  • I have a GT avalanche 2.0 2011, Im heavier than you and its not shifted once... Take it back.