major lack of enthusiasm!!

freeride-mike
freeride-mike Posts: 553
edited April 2011 in MTB general
This forum is great for getting out too ride when u just cant be a***d

ive only been on 1 short ride this year and im determined to loose weight and get a bit more healthy as im becoming a dad for the 1st time later this year! :D ive really struggled to get back into mtb'ing after the winter months so i had my bike resprayed a fresh new colour and bought a few new parts to try and get me excited about riding again but after rebuilding the bike i just couldnt be bothered and it went back in the shed.. untill this morning :D after pottering round the forum reading a few posts and whatching some cool home made riding vids i wipped the bike back out the shed chucked my lid on and went out for a ride, i only managed 5.5 mile around my local country park (its a bit hot today lol) but im really happy to be back on it!! :lol:
CUBE ltd 2012,reba sl, XT, saint, DMR, spank, current xc/am ride

GIANT boulder, marzzochi EXR, LX/alivio, DMR, spank, retro build

Comments

• Fenred
    Fenred Posts: 428
    5.5 or 55, at least you got out, well done.

Get as much ride time in now as you can, when your sprog shows up you'll be waist deep in dirty nappies :lol:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Sun is shining, pub beer grdens are open! Riding weather at its best!
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    Now is the time to ride - make the most of it - please do! Some of us are having to sit inside all day at the moment :(

It will set you in good stead for the summer months and hopefully through into the winter again (we don't want to think about that again yet though!)
  • specialeyes
    specialeyes Posts: 542
    Fenred wrote:
    5.5 or 55, at least you got out, well done.

Get as much ride time in now as you can, when your sprog shows up you'll be waist deep in dirty nappies :lol:

+ 1
    I haven't been for a proper ride in ages since my little one was born. At least I've got my commute to work.

Already eyed a bike up for her so she can come out with me :D
  • Johnny Napalm
    Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
    Yeah, get out and ride whenever you can...if that's what you want to do, of course. Like you've already mentioned, watching a video, or reading an article can give you that incentive to get out...especially in such glorious weather like this.

Congratulations on being a soon-to-be-dad for the first time, and riding will be difficult once the young 'un comes along, but it's also a great bit of time for yourselt.

Trust me, I know what it's like being a father, I have four kids - two of them 2yr-old twins, and it's not always easy to get out, but I think it's important to have that down-time. I also have a fantastic wife who is so understanding, which is a big plus, so I'm very lucky.

Enjoy the family and enjoy the riding, mate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • pilsburypie
    pilsburypie Posts: 891
    You have Cannock Chase on your doorstep. Have a bash at that. I try and do it once a week....
  • R+P+K
    R+P+K Posts: 49
    From all the other dads on here....

...get out and ride while you can!!!

:D
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Get out and ride when the kids are asleep in bed. Summer evenings (now late evenings) are a favourite of mine.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • tenfoot
    tenfoot Posts: 226
    Bartimaeus wrote:
    Get out and ride when the kids are asleep in bed. Summer evenings (now late evenings) are a favourite of mine.

+1 for that.

I do all my riding early doors (6 am) or late when the kiddiwinks are in bed. Only occasionally do I get out at the weekend.
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    get out and ride yer big poof