Tyres - WOW what a difference. Thumbs up (edited, admin)

TowerRider
TowerRider Posts: 430
edited April 2011 in MTB general
Well I purchased a pair of Nobby Nics (£24 ish each) 2.25" to replace my original Specialized Fast Trax 2.0".
What a difference! If you have Specialized FT tyres then I would suggest you replace them immediately!
I have heard of rolling resistence and thought most of my slowness was just me but on the road (had to - no track) I was easily breaking the 30mph speed limit and free wheeled for ages.
On the rocky down hill I went faster while turning and dodging rocks, I managed to complete a climb I have never done without stopping before. Tyres didn't slip and I felt they gave me a confidence boast.
Why did I wait so long?
Now wondering whether I should get a Fat Albert or RR.

Posts deleted and edited. Having a go at the moderators and name calling for doing their job is not on. Product reviews go in the GENERAL section, and always have.

Also this is a forum - a place to discuss things, hence why repeat questions are allowed as they often vary slightly.

If you have issues about this, either report the post, use the office section or PM an admin.

ADMIN

Comments

• *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    TowerRider wrote:
    If you have Specialized FT tyres then I would suggest you replace them immediately!

Tyre choice is a very personal thing, factor in bike type, ground conditions, terrain, riding style and skill level you can soon see why it's very difficult for people to recommend tyres to individuals.

I used Fast Trak's on the rear of my Epic (tubeless) extensively throughout the summer and found them hard to beat, granted they're not the grippiest tyres in the world, but if you like to slide the rear around a little they're fantastic.

Just because they didn't suit you doesn't necessary mean they're not a good tyre.

Horses for courses and all that...........
  • dan shard
    dan shard Posts: 722
    Couldnt agree more, I change the racing ralphs on my old cube for fat alberts, and they were so much better, alowing me to run higher pressure because of the increased grip also completely got rid of the pinch punctures that I have used to be plagued with
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    *AL* wrote:
    Tyre choice is a very personal thing, factor in bike type, ground conditions, terrain, riding style and skill level you can soon see why it's very difficult for people to recommend tyres to individuals.

+ Potato on that AL..